Human Resources Clerk
Location: 55 Gordon St., Whitby, ON
Assignment: 8 weeks, full-time summer student
Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour
Anticipated Start Date: July 20, 2020
Anticipated End Date: September 11, 2020
You Belong Here!
Working as a team, our common goal is to improve quality of life, social and economic inclusion, and health and wellbeing for Canadians of ALL abilities. Together we are shaping the future, constantly looking for ways to improve how we operate, communicate and innovate. Abilities Centre is a workplace where you can learn, develop, be your true self, and have fun, all while realizing your fullest potential.
Do you and the people who know you best consider you approachable, accommodating, analytical, patient and cooperative, with a preference for detailed and accurate work? If you enjoy being in a professional work environment, achieving goals consistently and efficiently, bringing accountability to work, and leaving nothing to chance, then this is the perfect role for you!
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Human Resources, the Human Resources Clerk will be responsible for the effective routine operations related to a high performing human resources department.
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*;
- Valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and legally entitled to work in Canada.
*International students are not eligible. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
- Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) projects:
- Assist with the documentation, tracking and reporting of CSJ project
- Responsible for monitoring CSJ Mentorship Program and Performance Review System; ensure compliance and cooperation
- Training & Development projects:
- Assist with the virtualization of orientation, onboarding, and core training programs; ensure tracking of training completion
- Assist with the creation and implementation of a Performance Management (PM) System
- Assist with performing HR tasks (recruitment, training, payroll, HRIS management) and generalist administration such as filing and data entry
- Other duties and special projects as assigned/as they arise
- Cultivate a member-centred environment through exceptional customer service
- Establish rapport and maintain effective relationships with members, staff, volunteers and community partners
- Foster a work environment that values and encourages teamwork and empowerment
- University or college program in Human Resources or related
- Work experience in HR or related field an asset
- Volunteer experience an asset
- Knowledge of accessibility and accommodation issues an asset
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus; able to establish rapport with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to function equally well independently and as part of an effective team
- Note: this position will be a combination of virtual and in-person, in keeping with physical distancing measures during the COVID-19 pandemic and Government of Ontario Phased Reopening
Deadline to Apply: Monday, July 6, 2019 at 5:00 PM
Do you have the all the right background plus the drive to improve lives by bringing people together to explore opportunities, discover passions, and fulfill aspirations? If so, apply now: You Belong Here.
To Apply: Please go to www.abilitiescentre.org/employment
Abilities Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 8 weeks
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Casual Dress
- On-site Parking
- Work From Home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19