Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people
Overview*An exciting and challenging position exists as a North America Sales Strategy Manager. This role will be based out of Canada (open to work remotely from Canada). Reporting to the Director, Business Strategy & Insight, the selected individual will play a key role in the development and execution of Vega’s Strategic Growth Plan. This position requires a Sales Professional with added experience in one of the following - Sales Planning and Strategy, Marketing and/or Shopper Marketing. As a key member within the Business Strategy & Insight Team the Sales Strategy Manager is accountable for leading and developing specific sales goals, driving the sales planning process, working cross functionally on product development, channel optimization, pricing and ensuring the sales team is armed to execute with excellence.
You take sales strategy seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Develops trade investment strategies to drive maximum achievement of sales, profit and ROI for the individual’s portfolio of product.
- Works closely with marketing to develop and execute plans consistent with long-range strategic goals.
- Collaborates with customer teams participating in growth-oriented annual business planning and attends customer meetings as required.
- Assists in the development of sales plans for new product and line extensions.
- Manages the necessary tactical revisions to plan to ensure that business objectives are met.
- Works on trade investment and promotions to achieve company objectives; leads post evaluation frame work to optimize promotional strategy.
- Provides guidance on the Trade Tool implementation and best practices.
- Provides leadership and best in class sales reporting mechanisms and systems to ensure trade spending effectiveness.
- Works with marketing to ensure that promotional funds as well as strategies and objectives are integrated into the field release and are consistent across business units.
- Maintains a schedule of field contacts to insure up-to-date knowledge of changes in customer operating philosophy as well as an understanding of field planning capabilities and needs.
- Develops and maintains meaningful relationships with internal and external teams.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Business, Management, Sales or a related field desirable
- Minimum 4-5 years of progressive Sales experience in the CPG industry with at least two years calling on large strategic accounts such as Target, Walmart, Loblaws and Costco.
- Natural Channel experience with Whole Foods Market an asset
- Cross functional assignments in Trade Marketing, Marketing or Shopper Marketing
- Experience negotiating and influencing, through communication, large groups or high-level constituents/representatives of an organization.
- Performance driven with desire to take on a high level of responsibility and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills with experience in P&L Development, Channel Strategy, Price/Promo/Trade Rate Development and product development.
- Passion for nutrition and health.
- Experience in managing customers, vendors and external agencies.
- Proven success at fostering teamwork and team development.
- Proven ability work in a local high-performance environment, while engaging and contributing in a larger multi-national organization.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skill with a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint.
- Fluent in understanding Consumption Data from IRI, Nielsen and other sources such as Spins.
- Limited travel is required.
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs._
Job Type: Full-time