Registered Dental Hygienist
Do you want a rewarding career with great pay in a modern university setting? If so, look no further!
Campus Dentist at University of Waterloo is currently looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic Registered Dental Hygienist to join our team.
The successful candidate must have valid license to practice in Ontario, be personable, energetic, have excellent communication skills and chair side manner, ability to build trust and positive relationships with new and existing patients.
This is truly a unique opportunity for a long-term career with growth potential in a modern university setting. The facility is bright, modern with paperless charting and digital imaging.
If you are looking for that fantastic opportunity to join a well-established team and be part of a growing company, this is it! This is a part time position to start on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00AM-5:00PM, building to full-time in September or possibly sooner. All employees are given a uniform allowance as well as full paid parking. Full time employees will benefit from extended health benefits.
We are looking for someone who can look long term and see the potential to partner with our office and be patient during this time. New Grads Welcome, Apply today!!
Why CAMPUS DENTIST
CAMPUS DENTIST successfully provides dental care and treatment at: McMaster University, University of Guelph, University of Waterloo, University of Saskatchewan, University of Regina and most recently Queen’s University. Our clinics not only showcase state of the art design but is entirely geared to the needs of the student body, faculty, and staff.
DENTIST ON CAMPUS had been very successful at the University of Guelph for over 20 years. The concept was expanded in 2009 to CAMPUS DENTIST, based on the accumulation of all ideas, knowledge, and successes.
Our team is committed to providing the most comfortable dental experience possible. We offer a wide variety of services and welcome all including the student body, faculty, and staff.
- Well-established dental practice with great patient flow
- University Setting
- Highly skilled and talented team. Strong organized front desk team to support you with bookings and managing your schedule efficiently
- Our culture and work environment are unique, and our practice is a place where you will enjoy coming to work!
Please visit us at. www.campusdentist.com
Our Office is following all COVID 19 protocols. Our staff and Patients Safety is our topmost priority along with best dental care.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at workstations
- Staff and Patients temperature screenings upon arrival
- Patients screened twice (once prior to booking appointment, once when they arrive) and their temperatures are checked
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Complete a preliminary exam on each new dental service patient
- Clean and remove stains, plaque, and tartar from teeth
- Apply fluorides and sealants for tooth protection
- Use of X-ray machines to take pictures
- Document treatment plans and care performed on patients
- Examine each patient's oral health and communicate findings to dentists
- Educate patients on how to care for their teeth with good oral hygiene, including proper brushing and flossing
- assists with patient reception, telephone calls, routine triage
- Participate in meetings, providing input and suggestions
- Participate in continuing education activities as required
- Assist in orientation of new staff
· Graduate of an approved Dental Hygiene Program
· License to practice in Ontario
· CPR certification required
· Ability to perform a full range of established dental hygienist protocol and procedures
· Time management
· Problem solving
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Operating equipment
· Ethics and integrity
· Accountability and dependability
· Planning and organizing
· Creating and innovative thinking
Our Team Receives:
· Competitive Pay
· Uniform Allowance
· Join a community and network of dental practices and professionals
· Growth and development opportunities
· Paid Parking
· Extended Health Benefits
· Day Shift
· 8 hours Shifts
· Monday to Friday
· No Evenings no Weekends no Holidays
· Summer Hours Possible
· Christmas/New Year Office Closed
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
We are dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$45.00 per hour
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Dental Hygienist registration? (required)