Production Supervisor (2 positions available)
Join a team that shares your passion and enthusiasm for Canadian grain! New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H), has an opportunity for an organized, self-motivated and attentive individual to bring their skills and experience to a fast-paced environment in the role of Production Supervisor, based in either Listowel or Denfield, Ontario.
Take the Next Step
This position gives you the ability to advance your career in Canada’s dynamic grain industry while maintaining a healthy and fulfilling work/life balance.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
New-Life Mills is an exciting place to develop and grow a career in agriculture and agricultural processing, supporting Canadian producers of poultry and livestock as well as producers who grow and sell their crops to global markets. A family-owned Canadian company with deep roots in grain trading, flour milling, animal feed production and live animal management, New-Life Mills has been serving the needs of livestock and poultry producers for more than 50 years.
P&H’s roots go back over 110 years, and we have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
As Production Supervisor, you are responsible for the leadership and administration of plant operations; overseeing staffing, production scheduling, monitoring of raw ingredient inventory, quality of goods produced in the facility and timely manufacturing of finished product. A key member of the plant management team, you are responsible for building and maintaining relationships with production employees and maintenance staff and, in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Lead, you are also responsible for ensuring the implementation of the Feed Assure™ and quality assurance programs, planned and preventative maintenance programs, and all Health & Safety initiatives within the facility. With two supervisors per plant location, you will work an interlocking master schedule to provide seven-day supervisory coverage.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring appropriate production staffing levels to meet requirements of facility (three shifts, seven days per week).
- Assisting with recruitment, hiring, orienting, scheduling and performance management of production employees in cooperation with the Plant Manager.
- Scheduling production sequencing and runs with a view to efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Operating within company policies to manage performance corrections.
- Tracking production deviations and verifying by QA/QC policy; completing Corrective Actions Report documentation when necessary.
- Maintaining a safe workplace for all employees, including training of all production employees in Feed Assure™, regulatory requirements, Health & Safety and production processes.
- Monitoring production facility performance against set key performance indicators .
- Working with other members of the management team to foster a team approach, with a focus on customer service and quality product.
- Monitoring inventory of raw ingredient requirements versus production run requirements.
- Coordinating with Dispatch to maximize efficiencies for both production and deliveries.
- Coordinating with Order Desk/Customer Service Lead for production forecasting.
- Communicating with Plant Manager to provide updates on issues or challenges.
- Working with Feed Division Maintenance Supervisor and facility maintenance personnel to determine and prioritize necessary repair items.
- Ensuring Feed Assure™ regulations are followed.
- Working with Quality Assurance Coordinator to implementing and maintain Feed Assure™accreditation.
- Implementing and maintaining corporate Quality Assurance/Quality Control Program in cooperation with the Nutrition & Technical Integration Department.
- Acting as the management representative on the Health & Safety Committee.
- Ensuring the scheduling of monthly meetings, plant inspections, coordination of staff training and compliance levels.
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- A college diploma in agriculture, industrial technology or a related field, or equivalent experience
- An agriculture background with knowledge of feed ingredients and medications, good manufacturing practices and mechanical aptitude
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on plant and business processes
- Ability to identify key issues, overcome internal challenges or obstacles creatively and strategically
- A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- A high level of integrity, confidentially and accountability
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Office
- On call availability for after-hours production related and customer service emergencies
To apply, please visit our career website: http://parrishandheimbecker.com/career_all. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited, is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, New-Life Mills is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from men, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com or www.newlifemills.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent