Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories, and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, the potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Department Sales Associate team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves store maintenance such as stocking shelves, merchandising, and general housekeeping.
Responsibilities and Tasks
· Locates products in the warehouse.
· Breakdown orders and stock shelves with products.
· Clear and clean workspace
· Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
Required Skills and Abilities
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies :
· Strong orientation towards job completion.
· Highly approachable, a team-oriented individual who thrives on being part of an exceptional team.
· Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
· Effective written and oral communication skills (e.g., probing, listening, etc.) and the ability to maintain professional communication, even in challenging situations.
· Ability to complete retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment that provides assistance and supports co-workers to achieve common goals.
· Ability to resolve retail.
· Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
· Positive attitude, punctuality, and solid work ethic.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
· Standing/walking for 8 hours.
· Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
· Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
· Lifting above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder, and floor to waist.
· Ability to go up and down a ladder while carrying merchandise.
· Walking and carrying things at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required
Potential Career Opportunities
· Next levels: Merchandiser, Team Lead, Supervisor, Department Manager, and Store Manager.
· Other retail, customer service, and management opportunities in a large network of more than 485 Canadian Tire stores across the country.
· Career opportunities across the larger Canadian Tire family (Canadian Tire Petroleum, PartSource, Mark’s, FGL Sports Ltd, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited, and Canadian Tire Financial Services.
· Basic math and typing skills.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision with computerized systems.
· Experience in an inventory role and/or with Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
Part-time hours: 0-32 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $14.25 per hour
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)