Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader for automotive parts, accessories, and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
Position: Retail Floor Staff- Day Time
Job Description: The retail floor staff team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves store maintenance such as stocking shelves, price changes and accuracy, merchandising and general housekeeping. It also involves constant interaction with customers, delivering friendly and courteous service.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks: We require the availability to work days. The schedule is determined by sales, customer, and business needs, but may be changed by store management based on the store needs. Please indicate scheduling restrictions (if any) on your resume. Reliability and punctuality is a must.
· Maintains aisle maintenance by ensuring proper pricing, signage, stock location ect.
· Deals with challenging situations and conflict resolution in a professional manner.
· Meet, greet, and thank customers and provide friendly, informed service to them.
· Guides customer to the location of requested items.
· Answers questions and provides friendly advice and services to customers.
· Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests, and concerns in a timely manner.
· Learns about new products on a regular basis.
· Keeps up to date with in-store promotions, in-store deals and product locations.
· Ensures that retail basics tasks are executed efficiently.
· Identify low stock levels and maintain inventory accuracy.
· Engages in learning activities and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
· Standing/walking for more than 6 hours.
· Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent, and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from "light" to "heavy".
· Ability to work with minimum supervision
· Approachable to customers
· Organizational ability and attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task
· Effective written and oral communication skills
This position requires daytime availability.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 16-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Pay: $15.00-$16.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
All employees are required to complete a Covid-19 pre-screening test prior to the start of their shift.
All staff are required to wear proper fitting face masks.