PURPOSE/SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
To administer compensation plans for all Toronto Waldorf School employees in accordance with school policy, requirements of the plans and prevailing government policy requiring a thorough knowledge of organizational, payroll procedures and functions. The primary reporting relationship is to the Human Resources Manager.
KEY COMPETENCIES: (abilities, skills, behaviours)
- Analytical and accounting skills.
- Knowledge of accounting functions, payroll processes, procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and accurately.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Exercise discretion and tact in processing documents and information of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience working with Dayforce.
- Payroll Certification.
- Coordinate and process all payroll transactions for all employees.
- Prepare, input and electronically transmit payroll data using Dayforce.
- Audit payroll processing reports for errors.
- Process forms such as Records of Employment, T4 information slips and CRA reports.
- Balance T4 information slips to payroll register.
- Update and maintain confidential HRIS filing system.
- Coordinate and maintain benefit plans in accordance with plan design, legislation and TWS policy as applicable.
- Implement plan changes.
- Monitor vacation, sick and personal day balances on an on-going basis.
- Co-ordinate LTD claims to ensure compliance.
- Calculate and remit RRSP, EHT and group insurance payments monthly.
- Coordinate substitution for faculty and staff.
- Receive/make phone calls.
- Schedule substitution in Dayforce.
Part time (15-20 hours weekly). Hourly rate based on experience. Can work from at home.
Please send resumes to:
Toronto Waldorf School
9100 Bathurst Street, Suite 1
Thornhill, Ontario L4J 8C7
We will initiate interviews as soon as we receive qualified applicants. Deadline July 15, 2019. We thank all candidates in advance. We will contact only those selected for an interview.
Job Type: Part-time
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Thornhill, ON (Preferred)
- English (Required)