Job title :
SOCIAL WORKER (BSW)
EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
PERMANENT PART TIME (0.68 FTE)
If you have a love for Social Work, we have a career opportunity that will you allow you to draw on your clinical skills as you provide service at the East Kootenay Regional Hospital with the Mental Health Community Crisis Response Team in Cranbrook, B.C.
Primarily working in the Emergency Department and providing support to the community, this position provides direct psychosocial care, counseling, system navigation and advocacy, education and linkage to relevant specialized complex care resources while facilitating client self-management. The Social Worker is responsible for providing and developing social work services to maintain or improve the health and social well-being and functioning of the identified population.
You will work collaboratively with other health care providers and the multidisciplinary team, including Registered Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Registered Dietitians and Speech-Language Pathologists.
This is a permanent part time (0.68 FTE) position. It’s a four on, four off rotation working Monday to Friday evenings (13:00 to 20:42 hours) and Saturday and Sunday days (09:00 to 16:42 hours). No stat holidays are required.
East Kootenay Regional Hospital is a 69 bed hospital and we care for over 80,000 patients a year providing hospital services to the residents of the East Kootenay region.
If you are looking for the opportunity to join the healthcare team at East Kootenay Regional Hospital then this position is a fit for you, apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
- Two years recent related experience in a healthcare setting working with medically complex clients with concurrent disorders, or a combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Current valid BC driver’s license.
- Some familiarity with appropriate regulations (i.e. Adult Guardianship Act, Child Protection) is an asset.