ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Anderson College is one of Canada’s oldest colleges, having opened our first location in 1885. We have trained more than 100,000 students over a 137-year history and have been an empowering partner for students overcoming career challenges and transitioning to the next phase of their lives.
With ten locations in Ontario and one in British Columbia, we are recognized for our high-caliber faculty, hands-on, real-life career training, and supportive culture. At Anderson College, we are more than our century-old history, our programs, and state-of-the-art facilities; we are a team of caring individuals, deeply committed to helping our students become skillful, confident, and in-demand employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The office administrator’s role will include working closely with clients and the team by handling clerical duties. In order to be successful in this position you should be detail-oriented, professional and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Welcoming visitors and directing them to the relevant office/personnel
- Carrying out clerical duties such as responding to emails, and preparing documents, including office correspondence, memos and presentations
- Maintaining general office files, including job files, vendor files, and other files related to the company’s operations
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven three (3) years experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams
- Qualification in secretarial/ business studies (Canadian or International) is an asset
- Position Location: 5734 Yonge Street, Suite 100 Toronto, ON M2M 4E7
- Schedule of work: Monday to Friday
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended healthcare
Anderson College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Anderson College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. The College provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked notify Anderson College of the accommodation required.
NOTE: Anderson College of Health, Business & Technology requires all community members, including employees and visitors who attend our campuses be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The College's vaccine policy is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. Offers of employment require that you comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate by providing proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Mandatory mask wearing, ability to physical distance, screens at reception desk, daily screening for office staff, visitors and students
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-08-11
Expected start date: 2023-07-24