CGI has an opportunity for an Administrative Coordinator interested in combining his/her strong people skills with the ability to coordinate a wide range of tasks and activities in support of the firm’s Strategic Planning team. The Coordinator plays a key role across this small, intensely collaborative global team which is responsible for supporting CGI’s leaders in shaping the strategy of one of the world’s largest IT and business consulting services firms. In addition to supporting the logistical planning associated with leadership meetings and forums, the Coordinator will support a range of day-to-day administrative needs for various projects across the team. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Meetings & Events, the Coordinator will also occasionally provide meeting scheduling support to the Vice-President.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The successful Coordinator will have the opportunity to showcase his/her organizational skill and relationship building ability by working closely with members of the global strategic planning team, the executive assistants to the firm’s senior executives, colleagues across the globe, and contacts at external meeting venues.
Your responsibilities will include:
Coordination support for leadership meetings
- Providing event logistics and planning support throughout the year in support of the annual leadership conference for 1400+ leaders from around the world and quarterly learning forums
- Supporting the administrative needs for the conference, including coordinating registration list management and tracking, breakout group and table seating assignments, and on-site logistics (when returning to in-person) such as signage, décor, shuttle coordination, printing, and coordinating team meeting requests and chargebacks.
- Working with the project team and speakers to ensure logistics requirements for A/V and meeting space are organized and coordinated with the venue/s.
- Using a master run of show schedule as a guide, creates personalized event schedules for executives.
- Coordinating event travel and logistics for special guests and VIPs.
- Working with the VP and executive assistants, creates schedules for content reviews and dry runs.
- Providing a wide range of on-site or virtual support over the multi-day meeting.
- Supports follow-up actions such as vendor invoicing, budget reconciliation, and payment coordination.
Support for Corporate Meetings & Events function
- Maintaining a master calendar of key leadership meetings.
- Maintaining the master list of attendees and profile information for quarterly leadership meetings.
- Supporting venue research, including hotel & meeting space.
- Coordinating with the venue/s and internal stakeholders on A/V requirements and food and beverage.
- For non-local meetings, coordinating with others to ensure execution of flawless meetings.
- Maintaining meeting apps, including uploading materials and surveys.
- If needed for local meetings, providing on-site support.
Other day-to-day administrative support
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Setting up in-person and virtual meetings with internal stakeholders for various team members, as needed
- Maintaining updated lists of planning community members
- Helping prepare and distribute meeting agendas or other content, as needed.
- Preparing binders, presentation packs, or copies for meetings.
- Working with Finance to set up vendors within the procurement system.
- Maintaining teams’ electronic file systems to assure alignment with records retention.
- Proofreading and providing quality checks on formatting for planning materials.
- As needed, provide other administrative support to the VP or team members for key projects.
- 1-2 years of experience as an administrative assistant supporting a small team or an individual executive.
- Experience in supporting meeting and/or event coordination.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong collaborator who builds positive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects with different project managers at the same time.
- Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken, as this is a global role.
- Ability to work flexible hours in line with business needs and critical deadlines.
- Experience working in a professional services firm.
Education and Certification:
- Customer-focused; delivers results and demonstrates personal accountability.
- Highly organized, quick learner, and flexible to adjust priorities and deliverables within tight deadlines.
- Precise, conscientious attention to detail.
- Discretion in handling and/or having access to details of executive-level meetings.
- Intellectual curiosity – asks questions and strives to find new and innovative ways to complete tasks.
- Confident and comfortable interacting with executives at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.