Experience a Challenging and Rewarding Opportunity
As the nation’s leading self-storage Company, with 65 properties and 42 years of continuing success and growth, Public Storage Canada can offer you a stable career with challenge, excitement and independence. We are looking for qualified candidates to work at our facility.
RECEIVE A SIGNING BONUS OF $500 AFTER 3 MONTHS
We have implemented many safety protocols in our daily operations that include limiting the numbers of customer interactions, providing plastic guards, masks, gloves, cleaning supplies and sanitizers.
We are looking to hire applicants who enjoy working in a challenging environment to oversee all aspects of a self-storage facility.
- Outgoing, customer oriented professional
- Willing and able to perform cleaning duties and work outdoors.
- A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- A good communicator with some computer skills
- Flexible to work at multiple locations
- Available during the week and on weekends
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Provides outstanding customer service at all times
- Greet customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Understands and have knowledge of Public Storage products and services and communicates them effectively to fit customer needs
- Listens and responds to voicemail and phone inquiries, internet inquiries and tenant concerns, maintaining courtesy and professionalism in every interaction
- Sells merchandise and insurance, seeks customer online reviews and participates in other corporate marketing programs
- Assists the Property Manager in reaching the facilities individual merchandise, occupancy and delinquency goals and promotes Public Storage best practices
- Controls delinquencies through regular phone contact, notifications, including email and letters
- Maintains manual and operations logs for petty cash, postage, merchandise counts, reservations, NSF cheques, etc. and completes daily bank deposits and filing as needed
- Performs lock checks and general property inspections at least twice each day
- Cleans and/or dusts doors, floors, walls, hallways, common surface areas, drive paths, loading bays, and tenant washrooms. Cleans spaces as vacated. Remove small garbage items left throughout property grounds (interior/exterior), snow removal from walkways as needed
- Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures all safety equipment and checklists are properly maintained for each shift, fire sprinkler checks, draining drip drums, safety checklists, etc.
- Generous Quarterly Bonus Program
- Competitive Salary
- 2 Weeks of Training
- Fast Advancement and Growth Opportunities
- Full Benefit Plan after 3 Months
- Employer / Employee Sponsored Group Retirement Saving Program
- Employee Discounts
- Yearly Merit Increases
Hours of operation: our facility offices are open Monday-Friday 9:30am-6:00pm, Saturday-Sunday 9:30AM-5:00PM.
Please visit us at:
Working together we will continue to be the business of choice for our customers and employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types: