Manufacturing shop in deep south Calgary looking for full time person to assemble electronic and mechanical oil field data collection equipment. Monday –Friday 7am – 3:30pm. Company paid benefits after 3 months.
Job Qualification and Skills:
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- MUST have 2+ years in Production/Manufacturing of oil and gas equipment.
- Ability to read and interrupt schematics.
- MUST have SMT soldering background with the ability to solder at minimum SMD size 0201 or 0402 package components with 2+ years’ experience.
- MUST have a minimum of IPC-A-610 certification or familiarity.
- J-STD-001 standards would be an asset.
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 would be an asset.
- Experience with basic hand and power tools.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs unassisted.
- Able to work on feet for extend periods of time.
- Able to work overtime with short notice.
- Knowledge of Multi-meters use.
- Previous equipment testing knowledge would be an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be an asset.
- Must have some basic hand tools.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Assemble equipment as per work instructions and schematics.
- Cleaning equipment after field return.
- Solder Strain Gauges (Sensitive Scientific Devices)
- Perform inspections and identify defects.
- Make cables and wiring connections accurately.
- Setup test apparatus or device test equipment.
- Functional testing of finished good as per testing documentation.
- Analyze and interpret test data.
- Work effectively to meet or exceed productivity goals while maintaining high quality standards.
- Perform general housekeeping.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with all procedures, rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Mechanical Assembly: 1 year (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Preferred)