Title: Inventory Cycle Counter
Reports to: Inventory Control Team Leader
Based at: Wolf Steel Ltd. 9 Napoleon Road.
Shift: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm (Monday - Friday) This position will train on an afternoon shift
To perform regular inventory cycle counts to identify possible discrepancies in inventory quantities and reconcile discovered variances according to the approved policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Follow all relevant operational procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Perform regular stock take and cycle counting during the year and during the end of year physical inventory, while conducting reconciliation in the case of discrepancies.
- Follow and implement the approved cycle counting schedule, so that discrepancies are identified and reconciled in a timely manner.
- Ongoing communication with material handlers, team leaders and supervisors on material location and status.
- Continuous communication with Material planners in user departments for scheduling of issues.
- Identify parts by reading drawings, descriptions and part numbers.
- Maintain a filing system of the facts, discrepancies, and issues identified during the cycle counting or stock taking process in order to maintain accurate records that can be easily retrieved.
- Utilize a forklift when required to access inventory for counting.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of OSSD or equivalent.
- Completion of Materials Management course considered an asset.
- 1-2 years’ experience working as a cycle counter using an RF Scanner.
- 2+ years’ experience driving a forklift with a valid forklift license.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with a computerized inventory system or Visual experience considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- forklift: 2 years (Preferred)
- cycle counting using and RF scanner: 2 years (Preferred)