The Brant County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Brant County SPCA) is a registered charity that provides services of animal welfare in the City of Brantford and the County of Brant. The Brant County SPCA is an affiliate Society to the Ontario SPCA.
The position is an Animal Care Team Member which will be a part-time contract position and will work approximately 18-30 hours, with the possibility of an extension.
Animal Care Team Member - Part-Time Position
Reporting to the Director of Animal Care, the primary responsibility is to maintain the well-being of the animals under the care of the Brant County SPCA.
Essential functions include:
· Administer daily medications and scheduled vaccinations to animals as required.
· Cleaning, feeding, bathing, grooming, exercising and care of animals.
· Providing enrichment for animals in our care.
· General cleaning and disinfecting of premises and equipment.
· Must be able to work in both a shelter and vet clinic environment.
· Computer entry of all animal protocols
· Excellent Customer Service Skills
· Problem Solving Skills
· Compliance with Occupational Health & Safety Act and use of PPE
· Have proficient computer knowledge
· Be comfortable and experienced with dealing and handling various types of domestic animals
· Has had previous customer service experience
· An ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
· Must be able to work flexible shifts and some weekends
· Must be able to provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance
· Post-Secondary Education in Animal Care/Handling is an asset
Successful candidate will require a comfort level with all domestic animals.
The Brant County SPCA is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 519-756-6620
STARTING WAGE: $15.23 per hour
If you have a passion for animal welfare, please forward your resume ASAP to:
Director of Animal Care
Posted July 29, 2020
Expected start date: 2020-07-10
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.23 per hour
- animal handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- computer: 1 year (Required)