Looking for a job or a career? We offer both. Our work hours are balanced. Enjoy free time in the best seasons of our year! We know it's summer. Our staff works hard, but rarely beyond 4 p.m. (extenuating circumstances do occur, of course)
Working outdoors, learning new skills or perfecting your own, becoming part of a connected, happy team of landscape professionals, is our appeal. When one of our staff, Dave was asked what he liked about working with us, his answer "Everything. I love it here!" Love to hear that!
We are a stable company. Forty eight years of getting it right. Our culture is customer centered; our dedicated service mandate keeps our high end customers loyal for years.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Landscape Construction Foreperson to join our team of dedicated and enthusiastic landscaping pros. As the Landscape Construction Foreperson, you’ll be at the head of the pack and be responsible for planning and overseeing landscaping jobs at some of the most beautiful properties in Mississauga, Burlington, and Oakville. You’ll receive industry training and your skills will be improved significantly in this role, and above all else, you’ll enjoy yourself working outdoors!
- Plan and organize landscaping jobs including required materials, staff, and subcontractors in order to make the best use of time and subs
- Adhere to Green Thumb Landscaping policies and procedures as listed in the employee manual
- Perform landscape construction tasks such as: tear out and removal, installation of patios and walkways, prep and plant beds, renovate and sod lawn areas, etc.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and ensure staff are trained and respecting all aspects of safety
- Communicate with customers effectively and meaningfully
- Complete all paperwork accurately
- Represent Green Thumb with a professional appearance and image
- 2+ years of experience
- Ability to plan ahead and analyze time and materials needed
- Knowledge of botanical products and landscape installation concepts, as well as safety procedures and use of PPE
- Mechanical aptitude- ability to diagnose and make small repairs on the job as needed
- Ability to motivate, supervise and work with a team
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Reliable problem solving and resolution skills
- A clean G driver’s licence verified with a recent Driver’s Abstract
Are you a motivated individual that excels when put in a managerial position? Then this position is for you!
Please note that we will be sending you a short pre-interview questionnaire prior to an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Landscape Foreman: 2 years (Required)
- Ontario Drivers License (Required)