Job title :
POPULATION HEALTH PROGRAM SUPPORT
KAMLOOPS S CENTRAL HEALTH
RELIEF FULL TIME
Interior Health is recruiting a Relief Full Time Population Health Program Administrative Assistant to join their team at Kamloops Central Health. If you hold a Certificate in Office Administration, plus one (1) year of recent related experience, a current 5 Minute Typing Test 40 wpm or greater (within the last 48 months) and a current valid BC Driver’s License....Apply today!
The successful candidate(s) are expected to be reasonably available to work Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:30.
The Population Health Program Support position performs reception duties and administrative support functions to Population Health programs in accordance with Interior Health polices and procedures. This position also performs duties such as word processing, data entry, preparing routine correspondence and reports, responding to inquiries, collecting fees, filing, operating office equipment, and maintaining inventories of equipment and supplies.
This position oversees the daily operation of Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS) Administrative Services by performing a variety of administrative support functions. Duties may include:
- Maintains data management software programs for Population Health programs by gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information as well as performing data entry.
- Types general correspondence such as letters, memos, newsletters, forms, reports and documents.
- Performs reception duties such as answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors.
- Receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence such as faxes, mail, couriers, etc.
- Performs records management duties including setting up and maintaining filing systems, indexing files and materials to be filed, preparing and archiving material, preparing material for offsite storage and destruction.
- Receives, records, checks, balances cash transactions, including receiving payments, issuing receipts and maintaining petty cash. Makes bank deposits as necessary.
- Informs supervisor or designated authority of fleet vehicle and building maintenance and repair requirements.
- May deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult, determining from information received or observed behaviors whether a crisis/emergent situations exists, and obtain immediate assistance if necessary.
- Assists with orientation of staff by performing duties such as demonstrating work procedures. Provides input and feedback in relation to work procedures.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- 4-Step Wage Progression;
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits – BC Medical Services Plan, Dental Plan, Extended Health Care Plan, and Life Insurance – all Employer paid;
- Municipal Pension Plan;
- Generous vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks in full time positions;
- Continuing Education program; and
- Disability & Wellness Programs.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Education and Experience:
Grade 12, a certificate from a recognized office administration certificate program plus one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to relate well to people of all ages.
Ability to prioritize and organize work.
Ability to type 40 wpm.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Ability to problem solve.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Ability to deal with the others in a professional manner using tact and good judgment.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Knowledge of general office procedures and the ability to operate related equipment including computer applications.
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit a Certificate in Office Administration, a 5 Minute Typing Test (minimum 40 wpm within the past 48 months) from a recognized institution and copy of Driver's License. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.