If you are a Licensed Heavy Duty (Truck and Coach) Mechanic, join Ryder, a Fortune 500 company! Ryder is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Licensed Technician. The successful Licensed Technician will have a current 310T heavy duty truck mechanic license.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package (employees may choose their level of coverage)
- Retirement Pension Plans
- Stock options
- Boot & Tool allowance
- Top notch training (online & hands on)
- Floater Days
- Top Tech Competition (Ryder North America)
- A safe work environment evidenced by an excellent safety record
- Opportunity for growth
- Weekly pay
We are looking for a strong technician who has the ability to diagnose and repair a variety of vehicles: Cummins, Detroit, Freightliners, Internationals, Volvos, GMCs and Fords.
A Licensed Technician at Ryder must be a teacher. We believe in growing our talent, and it is important we have strong technicians in our shops to help grow our future Licensed Techs.
Specific duties as a licensed mechanic will include:
- Troubleshooting and repair of heavy duty and medium duty diesel or gasoline powered trucks, including:
- The disassembly/overhaul of engines or engine components, transmissions, refrigeration equipment, clutches and other assemblies
- The diagnosis of equipment problems; identifying and replacing, as required, worn or broken parts, making all necessary adjustments and alignments
- Coaching and developing apprentices
- Assisting the Lube Technicians and Service Employees as required
- Keeping the shop clean
- Customer relations - dealing with both internal and external customers
- Ensuring maximum customer satisfaction by providing effective and reliable maintenance to our trucks
- 310T License
- Must be available and willing to work on the afternoon shift
- Safety conscious, ability to work in a safety driven environment
- Current knowledge of company furnished technical literature, vendors' technical bulletins and latest equipment advancements
- Proficiency with all tools of the trade, shop machines and power tools, and electronic diagnostic equipment
- PC literate, reliable and team-oriented with solid customer service skills
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 310T (Required)