Coco Aggregates Inc. has an opportunity available for a Scale Operator / Dispatcher at its Quarry in Clarington, Ontario.
Coco Aggregates is a division of the Coco Group, a vertically integrated heavy civil infrastructure and development company with almost 50 years of expertise. Coco specializes in a wide range of heavy civil construction services and material products. In addition to the heavy civil construction company, Coco Group owns and operates a precast manufacturing facility (Co-Pipe Products), asphalt cement terminal (Coco Asphalt Engineering), portable concrete batch plants, and a number of pits, quarries and asphalt plants.
Since 1964, Coco Paving is proud to continue as a family owned and operated entity, successfully executing its vision, through on time and on budget execution and completion of its projects to the satisfaction of our customers.
The Scale Operator / Dispatcher provides timely and accurate tickets to customers, ensuring the smooth flow of traffic across the scale. This position assists in the coordination of truck dispatch orders to ensure maximum efficiency of trucking.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates truck dispatch to jobs with orders received from Dispatch Office and operates computer to produce appropriate customer tickets. Verifies tickets for numbers, date and time accuracy. Collects COD money and properly records it.
- Transfers all files and tickets transfer files daily. Ensures all delivery tickets are signed by drivers on FOB orders before they leave the plant. Answers phones and takes accurate messages for others in their absence.
- Tares trucks (empty weight) daily and records as appropriate as well as maintains accurate records of tons produced.
- Maintains product knowledge necessary to answer customer questions. Performs housekeeping duties to ensure that scale house is clean and orderly. Assists Plant employees as required. Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
- Acts as customer contact for delivery inquiries and coordinate the sales order delivery process.
- Customer inquiries and complaint resolution. Gathers all information required for sales to make a decision on billing errors.
- Work as a liaison between sales, credit, quality control and the front end to coordinate sales system related functions.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- A high school diploma or GED
- 1 year experience in a similar role, prefer construction industry and sales experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office experience.
- Must be able to work Saturdays and cover as needed at other local facilities in the region.
- Work effectively in a team demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to perform math calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; and use units of money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Experience in the Construction materials (aggregates & concrete) industry is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must also be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work for a stable and growing company.
If you’re a high energy, self-motivated individual who is willing to learn and work hard in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment, we want to talk to you!
We thank you for your interest however, only candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time