We are a Designated Supportive Living Home serving residents with Mental Health needs in two different locations.
This is a Permanent 0.40FTE position and is located at Villa Marguerite (9810 -165 Street, Edmonton, AB)
Reporting to the Recreation manager, the Mental Health Therapist will be required to access and implement various psychosocial interventions. Utilizing various treatment modalities focusing on resident centered care to persons with a complex mental health diagnosis. You will work independently and in conjunction with various members within an interdisciplinary team setting. In collaboration with team members you will support, educate and develop interventions for specific residents. You will provide education to staff dealing with resident behaviors. You will support and develop specific care plan and identify goals for that resident. You provide critical insight in crisis intervention, assessment, consultation, referral, case management and treatment.
The Mental Health Therapist will collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to support at Villa Marguerite Care Model and Residents’ choice while following and site specific policies and procedures and relevant provincial standards of practice. The Mental Health Therapist will ensure a commitment to Resident safety and to our “culture of safety” as per Villa Marguerite Strategic Directions.
If you want to work with a Team that values you and will reward your contributions, we want to meet you! We reward our Employees with competitive income plus a remarkably supportive working environment.
- Completion of one of the following programs: Diploma or Degree in Psychiatric Nursing, Masters in Social Work, or Occupational Therapy.
- Additional education in mental health assessment, psychotherapy, psychosocial Intervention. Will be considered an asset.
- Clinical training in triage, intervention, stabilization and case management skills, preferably in a Supportive Living setting. Will be considered an asset.
- Group Therapy programming and leadership will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the resources of Addiction and Mental Health and the community preferred.
- Other equivalencies considered.
- Active or eligible for registration with the applicable regulatory college and licence.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Proficient computer skills in Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience with data entry and analysis of program evaluation.
- 2-3 years experience working with Mental Health populations
- Organized, highly motivated, results orientated with accuracy in tasks
- Positive attitude with strong personal work ethic
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Travel may be required between sites
- Clear criminal record security clearance with vulnerable Sector included (no more than 6 months old)
- Current TB Test within 3 months of employment
- Individual intervention, Positive behavioral Therapy.
- Emotional Regulation
What do we have to offer?
- Comparable wages within the occupation (portability letter is required)
- Well rounded and exciting team environment
Job Type: Part-time
- mental health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)