We are looking for dedicated and conscientious Registered Nurse to join our friendly team at Point Grey Private hospital. We are seeking caring and compassionate individuals who enjoy interacting with seniors and assisting them with their daily living activities. Candidates must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a genuine passion for providing our seniors with high quality care and support. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, well-organized and able to work both independently and as part of a team. Proven experience in working with seniors
What does a Registered Nurse do?
- Resident admissions, discharges and transfers
- Resident assessments and care planning
- Administration of medications, treatments and wound care
- Proficient with electronic documentation (PointClickCare) and MDS Assessments
- Liaises with physicians, families and other members of the care team
- Delegates tasks to unregulated care providers
Charge Nurse responsibilities
Participates in Care Conferences and Medication reviews.
Shifts: mornings and nights
Wage: as per the BCNU provincial agreement.
- Registered and in good standing with BCCNP
- Current CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Competent in electronic documentation and EMar
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Previous experience in Long Term Care Preferred
Point Grey Private Hospital is a wonderful recently renovated home boasting beautiful views of the mountains and ocean through large windows.
Point Grey Private Hospital has 100 residents and works in collaboration with the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority to offer funded beds but also has private pay rooms available.
Why? We deliver person centered and best practice care in a respectful, caring and responsible manner by working together with our residents, their primary care givers, families, and Vancouver Coastal Health Authority and provide continuing education and coaching to our employees. If you enjoy working with the older population, in a positive team environment – then we are what you are looking for.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36.00-$56.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)