QSB Team Lead
Queen St. Bakery is looking for a Team Lead to join our fast-paced commercial bakery. We are an innovative gluten-free food manufacturer that is growing exponentially and looking to expand internationally. We are looking for an individual that is a leader, driven, and capable of helping us build something from the ground up. Our ideal candidate has the experience and know-how to help develop the necessary infrastructure to succeed. This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing company that is disrupting their market and making positive changes for their customers.
Job Location: Scarborough, ON
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Ensure that operations procedures and processes are followed and enforced daily. This includes: safety, quality control, yield, HACCP, BRC, GMPs
- Ensure that Production Staff have received adequate guidance on good manufacturing practices and technical training, and that staff are following all procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure that products manufactured in our facility meet regulatory and customer requirements.
- Participates with new product development and plant trials.
- Verify employee records or forms related to health & safety, production, and time sheets on a weekly basis; liaise with employees to correct any inaccuracies.
Staff & Employee Supervision:
- Organize and supervise the activities and work of a small team to ensure that all assigned work activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner.
- Provide formal and informal feedback to staff to ensure their continuous development and overall contribution to the achievement of Queen St. Bakery’s business strategy.
Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of improved departmental processes, policies and procedures.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- (3-5) years’ experience in a food manufacturing setting, preferably bakery, with a minimum of (3) years in a Supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of Food and Bakery regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking are essential.
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Exel).
Working Conditions: Factory environment; 95% of time is spent on the plant floor; 5% of time is spent in office setting – Situational based.
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty, and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results; identifies areas for improvement and executes change as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely, and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners, and key stakeholders; cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses their own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions, and thrives within our culture, climate, and organization at all levels.
- 8 Hour Shift (PM Shift)
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating Weekends
- Supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Food manufacturing industry: 3 years (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Reference ID: Team lead
Expected start date: 2021-04-26
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Training and managing a staff of fewer than 10
- Opening and closing facility
- General cleaning
- Manage productivity, including setting staff performance goals and objectives
- Responsibility for your employees' performance
- Working within a formalized Continuous Improvement Environment, such as TPM or Lean Manufacturing