Pivot Point specializes in* intensive therapeutic interventions*for children, teens and adults with Diverse Abilities. We implement individualized intervention plans to enhance success at home, school and in the community.
Our Child Care Workers serve as ‘behaviour therapists’ for those with behavioral and emotional disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorder. They work in client homes, implementing the strategies developed by a team of specialists.
Nature and Scope of Work
Are YOU ready for the next level in your career?
We have a unique opportunity for you to work with a small group of families in the City of Vancouverwhere you will be part of a large multi-disciplinary team of community Social Workers, Behaviour Consultants, and Clinical Counsellors. These teams support some wonderful families facing some extreme behaviour challenges.
Your role as a Therapeutic Child Care Worker will be to implement the behavioural, emotional and educational programs designed to help your clients achieve their stated goals. Some clients require staff to work in pairs, while others are 1-1. This position mainly targets daytime shifts from 9am till 7pm, though some evening shifts, overnight shifts, and weekend shifts are available as well.
Community access that includes high activity programming (hiking, swimming, trail riding) is common each day.
Competitive wage starting at $22,plus benefits.
This position reports to each multi-disciplinary team and to the local Regional Manager.
You will work within family homes and surrounding communities, so a reliable vehicle is necessary.
You will work with the same client for an extended period of time each day and week, so we request a one-year commitment.
Positions are Hourly, or Part Time, or Full Time depending on your needs. Start with us immediately! There are many opportunities to grow within our organization.
Preference will be given to those who have either experience with a previous ABA program and /or a Bachelor's Degree in a related field, AND those with extensive experience managing youth with complex and challenging behaviours. Prior experience as a residential care worker is an asset.
We are looking for candidates with:
- At least 6 months experience working with special needs populations (preferably autism but work with other disorders is also strongly considered)
- Post-secondary education in a related area of study including:
- Disability and Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Early Childhood Education
- Child and Youth Care
- Psychology or Social Work
- Special Education Assistant
- Community Support Worker
- Experience with Aggressive Behaviours is required
- Comfort with computers and data-taking is required
- Daily access to internet is required
- One year commitment
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Multiple languages are an asset
You MUST be able to provide the following:
- Proof that you are over 19 years old
- A clear Criminal Record Check
- Willingness to obtain Emergency First Aid
- Willingness to obtain Non Violent Crisis Prevention certification
- Have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record (Driver's Abstract will be required)
- Have a reliable vehicle
- "Business Use" car insurance will be required
Please visithttp://pivotpoint.ca/apply-now to complete your application
Job Type: Full-time
- working with children with complex behaviors: 1 year (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Required)