To work for the YMCA of Central East Ontario is to:
- Work in a diverse and socially inclusive environment
- Help create meaningful opportunities that impact the lives of individuals
- Help increase the health of our communities
- Feel appreciated as an individual
- Work in an environment where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Have work-life balance and a family friendly environment to help you balance your personal and work commitments
- Make a difference in your community
You can accomplish all of this while having fun in a challenging and dynamic atmosphere!
The YMCA of Central East Ontario is a charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community by being a recognized leader and valued partner in the development of healthy communities. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of caring, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, responsibility, which form the foundations of all Y programs and services.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Kids Club Coordinators, you will work in a before and after school Program in off-site locations within the Belleville and Quinte West Regions. You will be responsible for the health, safety and well-being of children ages 3.8-12 years of age in a fun and engaging atmosphere. Successful candidates will plan and implement age appropriate games and activities for all children enrolled.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Provide consistent quality client service
- Initiate and maintain positive working relationships with school personnel, families and YMCA staff
- Guide and support assisting staff in the Before and After School Program
- Communicate with Kids Club Coordinators on a regular basis
- Maintain accurate documentation of attendance and emergency information on each child
- Maintain equipment and supplies; be respectful of school property
- Consistently demonstrate positive interaction with all children
- Respond to, and escalate as needed, client concerns in a positive and timely manner and keep Kids Club Coordinators informed
- Maintain a safe and hazard free environment
- Plan and deliver a program that offers quality, age appropriate care that meets and/or exceeds the regulations outlined by the Ministry of Education
- Participate in all YMCA trainings, meetings and childcare events.
- Provide positive social experiences including sharing, cooperation and role modeling the YMCA core values – Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Inclusiveness.
What you will bring to the position:
- RECE certification or Child Youth Worker/ Recreation Diplomas
- Minimum 2 years experience in a child care setting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act and requirements
- Knowledge of YMCA Playing to Learn an asset
- Clear Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Current First Aid and CPR Level C
- Up to Date Immunizations
What the YMCA of Central East Ontario has to offer:
- Pension plan is offered to all once staff qualify
- YMCA membership
- Staff discounts for Child Care
- Health, Rx, vision, dental, long term disability, and life insurance for full time, permanent employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development opportunities
- A rewarding job
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are to submit a resume to:
Kids Club Coordinator
Applications will be received until July 23rd, 2019
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Central East Ontario. Please note that with the high amount of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Central East Ontario is committed to an environment that is barrier free; if you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. The YMCA of Central East Ontario values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.65 to $20.65 /hour