About WF Steel & Crane Ltd.
We are a leading fabricator of structural steel and overhead cranes located south of Edmonton in the Nisku Industrial Park, Alberta. With over 30 years of experience designing, manufacturing, and installing structural steel and overhead cranes, WF Steel & Crane Ltd. delivers projects ranging from 20–1500 tons, and is proud to be a privately owned and operated Canadian company.
A full-time opening exists for a Labourer/Safety Administrator role, with an attractive hourly rate plus benefits.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a candidate to fulfill a new role in our growing safety department. This unique role will provide half-time support to the safety department and work half-time as a labourer in our manufacturing plants and field operations.
- Assists in the administration of the company safety program, including tracking certifications, scheduling training, and maintaining safety records.
- Monitors and maintains client prequalification using ISN, ComplyWorks, and Avetta.
- Performs various types of manual work in three manufacturing plants, learning our core operations, machinery, techniques used in manufacturing and contributing to production.
- Assists with hazard assessments, site inspections, investigations, and implementation of corrective actions.
The candidate must have:
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- An organized individual proficient using Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment dealing with large amounts of information.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Class 5 driver’s license required.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Labourer experience in manufacturing or construction.
- 1 year of safety experience and/or training preferred.
- Knowledge of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Legislation preferred.
- Health & Dental Benefit Package after 3 months
- RRSP program after 1 year
- Social events throughout the year
By joining WF Steel & Crane Ltd., you will join an employer who has a true interest in your career development. You’ll be encouraged to grow with the company, and your successes will be celebrated.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Safety: 1 year (Preferred)
- Labourer: 1 year (Preferred)