The Lighthouse Restaurant is located in the Picton Harbour Inn at 33 Bridge St. The Lighthouse Restaurant is open daily from 7:00am to 8:00pm 5 days a week and 7:00am to 1:30pm 2 days a week.
We serve delicious home-style cooking for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Lighthouse Restaurant has been voted County Weekly News Readers’ Choice Favourite Breakfast for several consecutive years. The casual atmosphere, friendly service, and reasonable prices make it a popular destination for visitors and residents alike.
We pay above minimum wage and offer benefits for our full time employees.
Starting as soon as possible.
We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to our menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery. Candidates should have kitchen experience but may apply with a desire to learn.
An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
The position pays $16.50-$18.50/hr. Hours are generally 6:30am – 2:00pm or 1:30pm - 9:00pm. Part time and full time positions available.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
Requirements of those applying:
- Proven experience as cook (recommended, but no required)
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
Submit a resume through indeed. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.50-$18.50 per hour
- Culinary: 1 year (preferred)
- cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place