Qualifications & Requirements:
NO STUDENTS!!!! -this is full time, year round positions.
MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORTATION TO OUR SHOP OUTSIDE OF PTBO AND BUS ROUTES.
- Will be required to take direction from crew leader and manager.
-Garden experience a requirement. Must have basic knowledge of annuals and perennials
- Must have strong attention to detail. Experience with landscaping preferred.
- Reading, writing, and comprehension of documents and instruction.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Work well with others, and have leadership skills.
What we Expect
- An individual with a positive, self motivating, and team oriented attitude.
- Ability to be self-directed after being given oral and/or written direction/instructions.
- Work and adhere to all safety requirements.
- Ability to deal with challenging situations and adapt to new situations often.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be physically fit and able to deal with long hours and weather conditions.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and with clients in a professional and positive way with a customer service focus.
- Be able to handle pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to see the "big picture"
What We Offer
We provide a professional, safe, and positive work environment that facilitates constant development, growth, and supports anything that can enhance industry knowledge. Seasonal work with the ability to have year round employment. The opportunity for employee retirement and health benefit packages.
Who We Are
The Gardener was founded in 1988. Since 1988 The Gardener has taken a leading role in the landscaping industry, providing quality, professional and reliable service to all our clients because we truly believe they deserve it. "We Do It ... You Enjoy It" At The Gardener we believe in being the best and doing what it takes to prove it in whatever we do.
The Gardener is committed to its employees. We offer a positive work environment that facilitates constant development and growth. We provide support and mentor-ship in industry education and certification. We offer competitive wages and options for benefits including retirement plans. We believe that a job is more than a source of income; it is a part of the people we are and who we strive to become. Why work with The Gardner? Because.... 'You Deserve It'
*Experience is an asset but a willingness to learn and a professional attitude is a must!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- horticulture: 2 years (Required)
- Peterborough, ON (Required)