Supply Chain Manager required for emerging global food and beverage ingredient company. We are a rapidly expanding company on Edmonton’s south side whose success is driven through providing the best globally available plant-based ingredients. We help our customers succeed by providing them a market edge with best in class products and world class customer service. We require a high energy, customer-oriented manager with at least 5+ years of experience. This role is diverse and requires an experienced leader, flexible team player with initiative, and a positive attitude.
· We are looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager who will wow our customers with excellent capability, outstanding service, and on time delivery, every time. You have a personable, professional manner with a positive attitude. Your proven ability in leading a fast-paced, dynamic team will ensure our continued success in this mission-critical role.
· Lead and manage our supply chain team to ensure that products arrive on spec, on time every time.
· Provide direct reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
· Optimize forecast modeling, manage inventory, procurement, and communications with manufacturers to ensure optimal inventory levels.
· Develop positive relationships with manufacturers while negotiating best terms, pricing, and agreements.
· Collaborate with sales team to ensure accurate forecasts to deliver business expectations while operating in line with customer contractual obligations.
· Implement key performance indicators (KPI’s) that monitor and manages the performance of suppliers related to service, delivery, quality & costs.
· Manage incoming shipments with freight forwarders, manufacturers and 3PL warehousing locations.
· Collaborate with QA Director in support of FDA, CPB and CBSA regulations
· Seek out and qualify alternative suppliers and manufacturers.
· Manage and update customer information and contracts.
· Develop and lead a continuous improvement culture focused on activities to include cost/efficiency, employee engagement and employee retention.
Educational and Other Requirements:
Post secondary diploma or degree (Supply Chain certificate preferred).
Required Skills and Experience
- Assertive and mature management style with proven success in achieving "win-win” results.
· Provide outstanding leadership, written and verbal interpersonal communication, and customer service skills.
· Possess world-class leadership and mentoring capabilities to develop supply chain team.
· Role models the organization’s core values with internal and external customers,
- A proactive change agent who can eliminate operational silos and gain collaboration across the business.
· Strong analytical, forecasting and planning, problem solving, and time management abilities.
· Possess world-class leadership and mentoring capabilities to develop supply chain team;
· High degree of accuracy, self-motivated, deadline driven and able to make decisions with little supervision.
· Maintains and exhibits the highest levels of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
· Strong negotiation skills, to facilitate contract and supply development.
· Inventory management, planning and forecasting, and with warehouse operations, systems, practices, policies, procedures, and controls.
· Advanced Computer skills – outstanding Excel skills to include use of pivot tables and complex formulas; ERP and/or SAP experience; and knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, or accounting programs.
· Able to travel internationally.
· Experience leading a high performing team.
· Global supply chain management and procurement – in particular, Asia.
· Developing and evaluating qualified suppliers and resolving performance issues.
· Contract development and negotiations
· Warehouse management.
Expected start date: 2021-05-17
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Supply Chain: 5 years (preferred)
- Supply Chain Management: 4 years (preferred)