We currently seeking an experienced Safety Coordinator from the trucking sector to evaluate, monitor, and develop strategies to control risks in the workplace ensuring compliance with government programs and regulations; conduct training for new and present drivers and owner/operators and provide on-going monitoring, coaching and disciplinary action as applicable.
- Conduct orientation for new drivers and owner-operators.
- Develop and conduct ongoing training programs. Assign and ensure completion of on line training courses.
- Maintain records of all driver safety training.
- Through monitoring and auditing of the various components of the safety program, identify trends for corrective action including one on one coaching or training as well as fleet communication. Monitor US and Canadian carrier safety profiles including maintaining records of all highway inspections and fines. Analyze for root causes to develop and implement improvement initiatives
- Investigate, validate and track cargo claims management following regulatory guidelines. .
- Other duties as determined by senior management.
- Reports directly to the Manager of Safety and Compliance.
Education or Employment Requirements:
- Completion of a secondary school is required.
- 2 years experience in Safety in the trucking sector is required.
- Experience and knowledge of government programs and regulations including Hours of Service and Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
Job Type: Full-time
- safety: 2 years (Preferred)
- transportation industry: 2 years (Preferred)