Creative Education of Canada, Inc. is a vastly successful dress-up and costume business which manufactures award-winning toys, and is an innovative leader in the pretend-play market for children. It is a privately held, family run business, which has seen continual growth from Domestic and International customers with an appetite for innovative, high quality, and affordable product.
The role of Packaging Graphic Designer is essential to our Product/Packaging development. The individual in this position is responsible for developing, conceptualizing and executing packaging requirements for new and existing products. This position is part of a team who values superior attention to detail, exceptional customer service, high level of design and consistently strives to meet deadlines with error-free work. The Packaging Graphic Designer is responsible for maintaining the brand image and working within the brand guidelines.
- Responsible for all artwork documents and files for new and reoccurring purchase orders
- Design, develop and execute retail packaging concepts and artwork
- Create dieline packaging mock ups/prototypes
- Design and order corporate stationary, as required (i.e. business cards, posters, signage)
- Collaborate with the design team to organize and manage brand packaging vision
- Collaborate with Safety, Design and Purchasing to provide all required legal panel information on packaging
- Work closely with Quality Assurance Coordinator to ensure packaging accuracy of samples and goods received
- Assist Sales and Marketing teams with graphic related requests
- Maintain packaging style and specification guides
- Minimum education of three (3) years formal Graphic Design or Design related program
- Proficient on Macintosh system and related software including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel,
- Good organizational and project management skills plus superior attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and express ideas through visual concepts, brainstorming sessions and presentations
- Ability to consistently track information and apply it where required
- Capable of setting up and accurately editing/proofreading artwork for print
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills, with a sense of urgency and commitment to meet timelines
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written)
- Attention to detail
- Competent in balancing workload of multiple projects
- Must be ambitious, flexible, tenacious and enjoy working in a dynamic environment where you can expect the unexpected
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and participate collaboratively in a team environment
- Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal and uses resources effectively and efficiently. Arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Planning: Accurately scopes our length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions. Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Technical Learning: Picks up on technical things quickly; able to learn new skills and knowledge. Good at learning a new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge - like Internet technology. Does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Written Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Job Type: Full-time
- Formal Graphic Design or Design Program: 3 years (Required)
- Illustrator: 3 years (Required)
- Photoshop: 3 years (Preferred)