At Advanced Home Care Solutions (AHCS), our focus and expertise is offering highly qualified health care professionals to our health care partners in acute and residential settings. We are committed to the highest level of accountability and transparency and are guided by ethics and principles that we consistently monitor and adhere to. Our goal is to bring healthcare support to those who need it.
As part of AHCS, you will enjoy the following:
- Exceptional wages
- 100% paid health benefits (certain restrictions apply)
- Individualized attention with regular virtual video meetings with RN for your off-site support
- Monthly performance bonuses with recognition & rewards for your hard work
- Multiple bonus incentives
- Three-month initial schedule is typical
- Month by month extensions to suit your availability
- Employee referral program
- Phone app to clock in and out and see your schedule in advance
Where you will work:
Work in the beautiful British Columbia and enjoy the pleasant and mild weather. We are looking for a Medical Laboratory Technologists to fill travel assignments in 100 Mile House, Williams Lake and Kamloops, BC.
What we are looking for:
The Medical Laboratory Technologist performs technical work involved in the duties associated with laboratory test procedures. Additionally, the Medical Laboratory Technologist evaluates and verifies results, and prepares related reports.
What you’ll do:
- Obtain laboratory samples from patients as required.
- Perform Laboratory procedures and analyze results according to established policies.
- Prepare a variety of solutions, reagents, standards and controls for use in analysis, in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Respond to requests and inquiries for test results by various methods as required by the standard operating procedures.
- Communicate test results to the appropriate parties, including designated members of other health teams, by methods such as printing and distributing lab results in accordance with the established procedures of the designated area.
- Perform routine instrument maintenance including the setup, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory instruments. Identify and report malfunctions in equipment in accordance with the practices established by the Diagnostic Accreditation Program (DAP).
- Assist in the evaluation of technical procedures and provides input in the development and maintenance of policy procedures for assigned work area.
What you bring:
- Certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
- One (1) year of recent related experience including experience in the designated discipline within the last six years, and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You are also able to demonstrate:
- Recent working knowledge of the assigned section or sections.
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures, and technical competence to perform tests used in the assigned section of the laboratory, including quality control and safety.
- Basic awareness of research process.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
All Staff must be double vaccinated for Covid-19.
All Care - One Call....
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 2-3 months
Salary: $49.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- What is your earliest start date?
- related: 1 year (required)
- Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) (required)
Work Location: In person