***COVID-19: In light of the global response to COVID-19 and in observance of government and public health related guidance, LDATD would like to confirm our commitment to continued service delivery while balancing the health, safety and well-being of all our clients, participants, volunteers and employees.
Please be advised that our services have moved effective March 16, 2020 to a modified service delivery strategy. Programs are currently being delivered online, live via video. Programs could potentially run in-person pending government and public health guidelines. Candidates must be available to start online immediately.
Smart Kidz Tutoring Program:
This program offers online, live, academic tutoring in all subjects for children and youth in grades 1-12. We are currently recruiting MATH and ENGLISH tutors for students grades 8-12. The Tutor will be responsible for working with 1-3 students per day, helping them to complete their homework and improve their MATH, ENGLISH skills.
If you are interested in helping children and youth achieve their full potential, join our team and be a part of this exciting program! Strong preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate proven understanding and knowledge of the LD community and individuals with disabilities.
Skills & Qualifications:
o Excellent Math & or English skills- comfortable supporting students grades 8-12 with math homework and planning/ assigning math work to students
o Certified Teachers, Teacher Candidates and students working towards Education degree
- Knowledge of and experience working with children and youth with Learning Disabilities and/or ADHD
- Understanding Learning Disabilities (LDs) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (AD(H)D), barriers individuals face in everyday life and integration, services that are available to assist integration and accommodation.
o Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Google Suite, Google Classroom, etc
o Excellent facilitation and one to one coaching skills
o Strong organizational and time management skill, attention to detail
o Clear and effective written and oral communication /presentation skills
o Strong interpersonal skills and cultural competency, with demonstrated high level of communication ability – listening, spoken and written
- Minimum of 2 years experience teaching or facilitating groups children or youth, or tutoring
- Experience working with children living with disabilities (Learning Disabilities, AD(H)D)
- First Aid/CPR certification
- A valid Vulnerable Sector’s Criminal Record Check(less than 1 year old)
Areas of Responsibility:
- Be present and punctual each shift
- Provide academic support and homework help in math
- Read student registration forms
- Be very familiar with Canadian curriculum
- Be able to come up with educational activities and lesson plans on the spot
- Evaluate and discuss the progress of students with Parents and Program Coordinator
- Identify children’s individual learning needs
- Introduce and practice strategies for working with students with Learning Disabilities and/or AD(H)D
- Document each child’s progress and provide feedback to the child’s parent or guardian
- Provide a safe, unbiased, and non-judgemental environment for both the children and your fellow co-workers
- Work cooperatively with Program Coordinator
- Report program status updates and any other pertinent information to the Program Coordinator on a weekly basis, at supervisory and team meetings, or as the need arises.
This is a part-time position. Number of hours varies based on the number of students per week.
**Preference will be given to candidates who can work flexible schedules
**** The Agency conducts continuous interviews (telephone screening and personal interviews) and will hire the first suitable candidate.*
LDATD is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
Part-time hours: 2-12 hours per week (Hours depend on number of students per week)
Job Type: Part-time- usually Mon-Fri between 4:30 and 8:00 pm.
Part-time hours: 2-12 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Work from home.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Are you proficient in tutoring Highschool Math and English? Please specify
- tutoring: 1 year (preferred)