Front End Developer -* (*201704140)
The Front End Developer will be joining the project team focused on building a new digital energy marketplace to drive digital and inbound sales at Just Energy. You will be responsible for the front end, customer-facing parts of our stack: implementing and optimizing UI components, as well as writing underlying code efficiently and with the objective to deliver a best-in-class user experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, intake of business requests and expedient execution, owning successful identification of site performance issues and driving to solution and execution, implementation of UI and content updates and thorough quality assurance testing throughout development process.
Is Just Energy Group the place for you?
Just Energy Group is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy, retail and commercial energy, and home services solutions. Our brands include Amigo Energy, Hudson Energy, Just Energy and Tara Energy, with services available across North America markets. We value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are core to your way of being and are essential to succeed with us.
- You have the Energy to commit to going ‘above and beyond’ on everything you do, it is not the exception. You create success and deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
- Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together, and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help your team to do the same.
Your key accountabilities:
- Accountable for all aspects of the front-end development of the new digital energy marketplace.
- “Technophile” approach towards driving solutions that support optimal user experience and sales goals.
- Translate business requirements into online experience, working closely with designers and content creators to ensure accurate and successful production releases.
- Comprehensive understanding of all the requisite underlying systems and connections that support the functioning of all sites, including connections to product database and CRMs (Salesforce preferred), and customer enrollment APIs.
- Implement site health monitoring tools, and execute on any requisite solutions expediently.
- Intake business requirements submitted by stakeholders for user experience, product presentation and enrollment flow updates. Ensure successful complete of end-to-end testing, post production issue resolution and escalations if necessary.
- Deliver on day-to-day requests for content updates, managing this queue on top of larger project deliverables.
- Own requisite implementations for successful technical SEO, including site response time, redirects, 404 errors, etc.
- Build new templates and create campaign landing pages per business design requests, maintaining brand standards and look-and-feel
- Provide recommendaitons for replacing, adding, or enhancing our technology systems towards business and sales goals that contemplate efficiency and scalability and support sales growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with digital strategy partners; provide guidance and solutions to optimize the digital experience.
- Support objectives across all digital assets, inlcuding mobile, tablet and desktop sites and mobile apps.
- Foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders to support sales and revenue-generating objectives.
- Collaborate effectively in a fast-paced evironment with a broad spectrum of stakeholders across Legal, Marketing, Operations, Pricing, Information Technology, etc.
Required skills include:
- Strong understanding of integrating Angular applications into transactional websites
- Front-end application managements, including WordPress and other open-source CMS platforms
- Strong HTML/CSS/JS/Jquery development skills
- Strong understanding of latest best practices for site performance and optimization
- High level of comfort building responsive websites and applications
- Strong grasp of design principles and visual layout
- Familiar with a variety of hosting environments and related web applications (email, web servers, DNS, etc)
- Experience coding HTML emails
- Familiarity with accessbility guidelines for web development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8 years experience in a sales/eCommerce and IT enviroment with spedific focus on the implementaiton and maintenance of transactional sites
- Strong, effective communicator
- Highly effective with engaging internal stakeholders and advocating for channel needs
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgement in solution of problems of the pursuit of business opportunities
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
- Capable of transforming business requirements into technical design
- High-level of ownership and accountability for delivering quality products that are stress-tested and stable
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and team contribution. Commitment to continuous learning.
- Strong understanding of how system connections and layered technologies affect online user experience
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the company.
- Ability to lead and execute in an environment of constant change.
- Experience working in a flexible, employee-empowering work environment. Team collaboration a must.
- Highly skilled with the tools of the trade in a sales/corporate environment including written communication, website development, and Microsoft software suite of products
What we offer:
- Work from home (WFH) Model
- Competitive compensation
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (employer paid)
- Registered Retirement Savings Account
- Employee Share Purchase Program (employer matching)
- Health & Dental benefits begin on hire date
- Paid personal time off days
- Business casual
- Free parking
- Company paid Short-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee discount opportunities
- Personal development resources
- Health and wellbeing tools and resources
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Wordpress: 3 years (Required)
- Sales/Ecommerce and IT Environment : 8 years (Required)
- Angular : 3 years (Required)
- Development : 5 years (Required)