Blue Mountain Gas & Grocery Store. We are located in Brocket, a settlement village on Highway 3 between Pincher Creek and Fort Macleod.
We are currently looking for a full-time Retail Store Supervisor who will be responsible for the sales and customer service in our gas & grocery store. Ideal candidates should be accountable and help support day-to-day operation of the store.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the station attendants while responsible for running the daily operations of the site including gas station and convenience store
- Maintaining sufficient inventory and ordering routine merchandise
- Formulate reports regarding merchandising, sales volumes and other matters
- Sell merchandise to customers
- Resolve customer complaints when needed including authorization of returns
- Hire and train or arrange for training staff
- Determine staffing requirements and resolve any issues such as work schedule changes, sick calls, additional staffing requirements
- Assign work duties to workers and prepare work schedules with the management/ownership
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocol
- Prepare necessary paperwork and ensure accuracy of weekly sales audit
- Handle cash and receipts for the sale of merchandise by performing duties such as counting the float, balancing cash, providing change, sorting and securing cash.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Specific skills required for the position
- Ability to supervisor 5-10 people
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Possess an understanding and working basic knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Repetitive tasks
- physically demanding
- combination of sitting, standing and walking
- Completion of Secondary (high) school is required.
- Minimum two years of work experience as a cashier/attendant/retail clerks in a retail business is required.
- Supervisory experience in a similar work setting will be considered as an asset.
Terms of Employment
- Location: Brocket, AB (Rural Area)
- Full time/ Permanent
- 40 hours per week
- Number of positions: 1
- Base wage: $17.00 per hour
- 2 weeks annual paid vacation
- Accommodation available
How to apply
Interested candidates are welcome to apply and please send your resume and cover letter with Indeed job portal. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- retail cashier/attendant/clerk: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Brocket, AB (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)