Bock North America is a chair systems solution company with more than 40 years of experience in plastic injection moulding. We have made it our business to offer sophisticated components made from various plastics to leading office furniture manufacturers worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced, versatile Engineering Manager to join our team. Working out of our Cambridge office, the Engineering Manager will work closely with our Program Management team, the local management staff and global program engineering to ensure exceptional customer service on new and existing programs.
The Engineering Manager willlead the Project Management team by providing extensive product and industry experience, as well as guidance and leadership towards the achievement of organizational objectives and targets by:
- Coordinating and directing projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing overall project timelines.
- Analyze resources, tools material, packaging, and overall program needs to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Plan and direct the work of the Program Management team.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Focus on the operational elements of projects: meeting deadlines, staying within budget and completing deliverables.
- Manage projects throughout the full cycle.
- Coordinating program launch to ensure timelines are met.
- Participate in the development of mould designs, production facility/ equipment, jig and fixture design.
- Ensure on time process prototype/sample design validation testing, as well as validation of new tooling.
- Participate in corrective action - root cause analysis as required.
- Identify and participate in cost reduction, efficiency improvement and reduction of Non Value added operation projects through continuous improvement teams and other methods.
- Monitor project profitability during and after launch.
- Miscellaneous duties assigned by the Bock leadership team.
- Communicate with customers and attend to on-site customer visits as required.
- Acting as a liaison between the Bock international facilities and the Bock North America team
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization in a professional and personal manner.
- Technically minded with experience in both injection moulding and tooling.
- The ability to track and launch multiple products with various components that may be manufactured at Bock plants world-wide.
- A proven track record of success with 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Post-secondary education in with a focus Engineering.
Bock North America offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Job Type: Full-time