The Maintenance and Facilities Technician 2 position is responsible for primarily performing the preventive and breakdown repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems on production and facility equipment within all ILSCO facilities. Work methods must adhere to all legislated and company safety policies.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a hands-on mechanical role in an Industrial environment.
- Experience supporting a fast paced machining and/or assembly process preferred
- Registered and/or in process with a millwright apprenticeship program would be an asset
- Ability and attitude to always exhibit a safe working behaviour
- Knowledge of various pneumatic and hydraulic mechanical systems as well as associated machine control and feedback devices as part of those assembles
- Familiarity with proper techniques for the dis-assembly, diagnosis and re-assembly of the various mechanical systems. (ex: motors/cylinders/valves/hydraulic assemblies etc)
- Blueprint reading ability, and basic measuring tool knowledge
- Basic knowledge of PLC’s and machine control systems would be an asset. (Allen Bradley and/or Omron)
- General equipment troubleshooting and problem-solving skills a benefit
- Computer skills/knowledge, with ability to search and query data/ data entry (Maintenance software ex: MaintiMizer) would be an asset.
- Effective communication skills,
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50lbs
- Knowledge of typical ISO9000 procedures and ability to follow.
- Work with a team and independently.
- Available to work midnight shift (8:00 pm – 4:30 am) Monday to Friday
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of standing and walking
- To start at $24.75 after 3 months training you will get to $26.75 + $2.00 shift premium.
- 30 minutes paid Lunch break and 2 additional paid breaks
- Medical, Dental benefits and Life Insurance 100% paid by the Company
- Generous Retirement plan
- Opportunities for growth
- A culture that embraces and promotes the values and contributions from its employees
- Great on-going opportunities to learn and train.
- Stable work environment
ILSCO is a third-generation, family-owned manufacturer of electrical components that service the Electrical distribution, Utility, OEM and Electrical Wholesale markets. Our relationships with our customers and employees are mission-critical. With 7 facilities in USA, Mexico and Canada and approximately 6500 different products ranging from connectors to cable ties, we’ve built a 120-year history producing and supplying products that are adaptable and built to last.
Please submit your resume to Human Resources
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret we can only respond to the candidates that have been selected for an interview. Ilsco of Canada is committed to diversity & equitable access to employment opportunities. We will make every attempt to meet the needs of persons with disabilities. Please inform us if you need accommodation during the application process
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.75 /hour
- Facilities Maintenance: 5 years (Required)