Call Centre Claims Service Representative - Full-time - rotating shifts - future start - (Mississauga)
Job Description Summary:
We are always looking for great talent. Come join our Customer Representative team!
The CSR will provide immediate and customer-focused assistance to policyholders who are calling to report insurance claims. Document initial loss details and activities to ensure that callers experience timely and service oriented disposition of calls. Make determination based on protocol if immediate adjuster attention is required and coordinate with vendors as required.
Please note that this position requires shift work on a 5 day rotating basis between the hours of 8am and 8pm - Saturday 8am-5pm.
This is a full-time opportunity, and will require 37.5 hours of work per week. Will need to work in the Mississauga office during the training period with the possibility of being home-based afterwards.
Competencies required to succeed
- Strong communication skills
- Team player with a strong commitment to quality and customer service
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Pleasant and friendly mannerism
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others besides upholding the values of the organization
- Sound judgmental powers; ability to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to the needs of the customer, solicit feedback to improve service, respond to requests for service/assistance
- Ability to adapt to change, meet the changing demands of the work environment, any delays or other unexpected demands.
- Dependability; to follow instructions as well as take responsibility for their actions and also keep commitments
- Quality management - look for means of improving as well as promoting quality
- High level of motivation
- A sound knowledge of telephone etiquette
- Setup and create claims in dedicated client system
- Provide personalized customer service of the highest level
- Review documents and ensure accuracy when completely data entry.
- Maintain data base of service lapses reference for root cause, report trends and make recommendations to management
- Review claim information to determine proper next steps for processing against client guidelines/ service agreements
Education, knowledge and experience required
- Post secondary education
- Minimum 1 year administrative experience or call centre experience
- Knowledge of insurance/service industry or related experience preferred
- Strong computer and telephone skills with an aptitude/ability to learn
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal required
- Attention to detail
SCM Insurance Services and affiliates welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the recruitment and assessment process