Cobourg Seasonal Student Direct Support Professionals (8 weeks with the opportunity to continue employment in other positions)
This position is located in ***Cobourg*** and qualifies for the government pandemic premium top up on wages.
Are you an enthusiastic person who wants to make a meaningful impact in your community? At Christian Horizons we Value People, Foster Belonging, Respect Gifts and Serve Others. Learn more about Christian Horizons: https://www.christian-horizons.org/who-we-are/values
Direct Support Professional employees build communities that value the contributions of people who experience developmental disabilities. They assist with activities of daily living, working collaboratively with families, advocates, friends, and community partners in order to promote full citizenship and enhance relationships. Recognizing people’s right to self-determination, and valuing their unique gifts while encouraging continuous growth and development.
- Developmental Services Worker, Child and Youth Worker, SSW or post-secondary education in a related field, is preferred;
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check;
- Satisfactory 3-year Uncertified Driver’s Abstract;
- Valid G Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation.
Check out our careers video at : https://www.christian-horizons.org/careers
All persons may apply regardless of religion or any Human Rights Code protected grounds. We seek to provide accessibility through all stages of the hiring process for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our Accessibility Policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: CSSDSP0212
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $17.16 per hour
- Day shift
- Night Shift
We have implemented many new procedures to protect our staff and people we support starting with screening and PPE at the door. This position qualifies for the Government pandemic premium top up pay.
- ability to work a variety of shifts (Required)
- Assisting clients with personal hygiene and getting dressed
- Assisting clients with housekeeping or other daily errands
- Providing companionship and emotional support
- Observing and reporting on changes in the health or status of the client
- Taking vitals, height, and weight
- Preparing food and feeding clients
- Maintaining clients' health equipment
- Responding to emergency situations
- Administering medication
- Transporting client to appointments
- Assisting clients with rehabilitative exercises
- Providing support with academic, social or recreational activities