Canada's Allied Health Recruitment Experts
Staff, Management, Executive Recruitment
Who are we looking for?
- Job Title: Pharmacist in Charge (Pharmacy Manager)
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 6:00pm (45 hours per week)
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent, direct-hire role (successful candidate would be our client's employee from day one; or min 2-year contract term for those looking to relocate "for now but not forever")
- Pharmacy Format: Retail
- Job Location: This pharmacy is located in Placentia, NL (< 1.5 hours outside of St. John's, NL) -- PLEASE SEE COMMUNITY PROFILE BELOW
- Estimated Start Date: ASAP
- Compensation Estimate: MediPharmDirect estimates this role will offer total annual compensation that will land in the range of $120,000 - $126,000 per year, based on a 45-hour workweek. This estimated range is inclusive of annual bonus but in addition, a signing bonus may be offered to the successful candidate; comprehensive benefits program after probation period, professional licensing and insurance fees paid as per company policy, competitive vacation entitlement, employee discount, retirement program, career growth potential. This role reports into a fellow Pharmacist. All details relating to compensation offerings will be discussed in confidence between the successful candidate and the hiring manager. This is our estimate only for informational purposes and does not constitute all or part of any formal offer.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to move back home to Newfoundland, or for a recently licensed pharmacist (Canadian or International grad), with 12 months+ experience who is looking for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for their career! Prefer a staff-level Pharmacist role? Various careers are open in NL now that also offer fantastic career growth potential and attractive compensation packages – call us at 905.536.0630 to learn more about other Pharmacist careers that are now open in Newfoundland.
What will this person be responsible for?
- Accountable for overall pharmacy operations as the designated Pharmacist-in-Charge for this location including managing and maintaining the strong relationship with the doctors in the attached medical clinic
- Developing further opportunities for collaboration with the with the doctors in the medical clinic who are excited to do so! This is a fantastic environment with a direct line to the doctors in the clinic. There is no methadone dispensing. The pharmacy does provide compliance packaging but there is no long term care pharmacy service delivery at this time - the practice is focused on community service and patient care in a retail setting (small gift area, welcoming atmosphere)
- Managing a team of under 5 - focus is on the pharmacy itself as there is also front shop management
- Providing service beyond expectations for patients and customers of the pharmacy and OTC sections
- Overseeing the work of RPhT and Assistants and supporting service excellence by leveraging teamwork
- Ensuring corporate standards are followed and making sure the pharmacy operates in compliance with company and legislative requirements
- Supporting excellence in all areas of pharmacy operation from people to inventory, health & safety, workflow, and support of the attainment of financial goals through leveraging expanded scope opportunities in a non-quota based environment
- Other duties as required
What are the qualifications for this role?
- Must possess a full Pharmacist license in any province in Canada and be in good standing, with current licensing in the province where this role is located or eligibility to have license in place within a short and clearly defined period of time
- 12 months' or more years' full time work experience as a Pharmacist in any Canadian province is required by NLPB to take on responsibility as Pharmacist in Charge - if you have less experience but would still like to be considered for a FT role, apply - there are other roles open that we may be able to consider you for
- Injection certification preferred
- Customer service mindset, attentive, organized, demonstrated collaborative approach to working with other pharmacy team members, passion for pharmacy and patient care, takes initiative, empathetic, works efficiently and accurately
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Two supervisory references must be able to be called as part of the recruitment process - this is non-negotiable (reference contacts do not need to appear on resume but may be requested at some point in the process).
Community Profile – Placentia, NL
Placentia is a town with a deep history! The town is inhabited by approximately 3,500 people.
Placentia provides the community-centric feel of small town living with easy access to the big city; 130km to St. John’s (approximately 1 hour and 20 mins by car). It is the regional centre to Southern Avalon Peninsula and the Eastern Burin Peninsula.
Local schools include a primary school (K-6), high school (7-12), private education facilities and a College of the North Atlantic campus as well.
Recreation in town includes various sporting facilities (arena, swimming, playgrounds, and more) – there is even a new splashpad being built for the kids! Placentia also has a Cultural Arts Centre with events happening often. You’ll be a reasonable distance to scenic places where you can walk the trails, like Castle Hill, or take a picnic to the beach with family or friends to relax seaside on the weekend!
Real estate: Rental rates look to average around $1,200/month for apartment and some full house rentals, based on current listings – there are also apartments listed at around $1,000/month. House prices are low compared to the rest of Canada.
Healthcare: 24-hour acute care and other health services are available via the Placentia Health Centre (operated by Eastern Health).
Local shopping includes groceries, fuel, convenience stores and pharmacies, Home Hardware in Placentia Mall, several local restaurants, dollar store, Tim Horton’s and more. Need more variety? Take a quick trip into St. John’s - enjoy the day in the city and then return home to relax by the bay!
Details provided for informational purposes only – independent research is encouraged. There is considerably more info available online including at the Town’s website www.placentia.ca
How does a candidate apply to be considered?
- Confidential resumes may be submitted via this ad.
- There are no costs for candidates (job seekers) whatsoever to use our services and all communication is confidential.
- If you know someone who may be interested in this opportunity, professional referrals are always appreciated. Please feel free to share this posting with them so they have our contact information.
- We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted immediately.
Who are we?
- MediPharmDirect recruits exclusively for full-time and part-time direct-hire employment opportunities on behalf of healthcare companies across Canada. Successful candidates are hired as employees of our clients’ companies from day one.
- We are not a relief agency. MediPharmDirect is an independently owned and operated recruitment firm - we are in no way affiliated with any other employment services company.
- There is absolutely no cost whatsoever for job seekers to use our services. We are hired by companies to help facilitate the recruitment process.
- Our involvement in the recruitment process does not affect candidate compensation in any way - there is no "mark-up" on a candidate's pay rate - ever!
- All communication is strictly confidential.
- We operate ethically , in accordance with the Association of Canadian Search, Employment and Staffing Services’ (ACSESS) Code of Ethics https://acsess.org/about/about-acsess/code-of-ethics
- We operate legally as a licensed employment firm, as per Canadian Employment Standards requirements.
- We are known for outstanding service and professionalism and sincerely appreciate your consideration of this employment opportunity!
Why apply for this opportunity via MediPharmDirect – what is the process?
When you apply for a career opportunity via MediPharmDirect Inc., we will discuss the role with you prior to presenting your information to our client, to determine whether or not the role suits your needs on various levels. If there is a good fit between our client’s requirements and your background, and your career path/company culture ‘likes,’ then we will professionally represent you to our client by way of a formal presentation of information directly to the hiring manager. We help manage the recruitment process. We will get you timely feedback concerning your application so you know where you stand. If hired, you are our client’s employee from day one. Our involvement does not affect compensation in any way.
Thank you for your interest in this career opportunity!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 to $126,000.00 /year
- full time Pharmacist: 1 year (Required)
- Pharmacist - Newfoundland (Required)
- Pharmacist in Canada (Required)