CALL FOR APPLICANTS
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR AND MECHANICAL ENGINEER
EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA
03 AUGUST 2020
Off The X Inc. invites applications and nominations for the position of Production Supervisor and Mechanical Engineer.
Off The X Inc. researches, develops, fabricates, assembles, and brings to market various technologies intended to enhance the safety of first responders and members of the Armed Forces, and to increase their on-the-job effectiveness.
Off The X Inc. has its international headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta and an American subsidiary in Statesboro, GA. Off The X Inc. is a Canadian company founded and run by experienced police officers, engineers, and corporate managers.
This position is for permanent full-time employment at Off The X Inc.’s international headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta, and the employee will be expected to work collaboratively in a dynamic office setting.
As Production Supervisor, you will be accountable for:
- Collaborating with corporate executives in establishing a production schedule to meet current and projected demand across product lines
- Monitoring stock and inventory of raw materials, inputs, works-in-progress, and finished goods
- Quality assurance and testing of inputs prior to their incorporation into works-in-progress and finished goods
- Quality assurance and testing of finished goods prior to shipment
- Timely shipment of orders
As Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Product prototyping, refinements, and design within a Design for Manufacturing (DFM) framework
- Collaborating with R&D and production engineers, as well as the VP of Product Development, in establishing performance and design specifications, and then seeing to their implementation
- Maintaining appropriate product documentation and strict version controls
- Complying with professional standards as established by APEGA
- Accredited Canadian university or not-for-profit American University with an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Membership in good standing with APEGA or equivalent professional engineering association
- 5+ years’ experience working in engineering design
- 1+ years’ experience working in production supervision
- Fluency in CAD software (SolidWorks is an asset)
- Fluency in MS Office software
- Fluency in written and oral communication in English (French and Mandarin are assets)
- Must be authorised to work in Canada for the duration of employment without any sponsorship assistance from Off The X Inc.
- Dual Canadian-American citizenship
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation will be commensurate with experience, technical expertise, and qualifications
- Full health insurance with 100% premiums paid by employer, including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, and disability care upon completion of probationary employment
Complete Application Consists of
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications and assets
- A curriculum vitae
- University transcripts
- Professional certifications
All materials ought to be combined into a single PDF file. Candidates who proceed to the interview stage will need to prepare three professional references, to include their names, contact information, and the nature of the relationship between the referee and the applicant.
Other documentation may also be requested. Only complete applications submitted electronically will be considered. Finalists may be required to submit to a background investigation.
SCREENINGS OF APPLICANTS BEGINS IMMEDIATELY AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Off The X Inc. complies fully with the Canadian Human Rights Act, the Employment Equity Act, the Canada Labour Code, the Alberta Human Rights Act, and the Alberta Employment Standards. Off The X Inc. highly encourages qualified members of the First Nations, the Métis, and the Inuit, in addition to women, members of visible minority groups, and people with disabilities to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
Off The X Inc. requires all employees to wear face coverings in alignment with local PPE mandates and to observe social distancing procedures. Cloth masks and hand sanitiser are provided.