PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
Temporary Full-time 12 hour shifts – Nights - potential for Permanent Full-time
(Days also available, see our other postings)
New Hamburg, ON
About Nithview Community
Nithview Community is a seniors' community designed to provide several types of accommodation and services. Residents are able to choose the type of accommodation that is most appropriate for their care needs and continue to live within the community of care as their needs change. Emphasis is placed on assisting residents to live life to the fullest in this dynamic residential setting.
$18.96 - $22.04 hourly
- A Weekend Shift Premium of $2.00 hourly applies to all hours worked between 10:00pm on Friday and 6:00am on Monday.
- A Night Shift Premium of $0.40 hourly applies to all regular hours worked between 10:00pm and 6:00am.
- The successful candidate may claim consideration for recent, direct, Canadian experience in the same job classification in order to move up the wage grid according to their hours of experience.
- Scheduled wage range increases:
$19.44 - $22.57
About the Position:
Reporting to the Director of Resident Services, the Personal Support Worker will be an integral member of the Nursing team. This position is responsible for but not limited to providing for the basic care and needs of residents, delivering medication, and assist in the nursing process by observing and reporting changes in the residents' physical and emotional condition. We are looking for candidates with a great attitude to join our team.
- Personal Support Worker certificate from an accredited Ontario Community College or a Registered Private College is required
- Comprehensive skills and knowledge of providing person-centered care in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of the Retirement Homes Act and the Home is required
- Medication administration experience is preferred (We will provide training for medication administration as this is a requirement of the job)
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of the Residents' Bill of Rights and respects and promotes these rights
- Effective customer service skills and a demonstrated commitment to working with seniors
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, for example, lifting/transferring residents is required
- Ability to meet professional clinical infection protocols
- Ability to deal with responsive behaviour
- Basic computer skills are an asset
- Effective communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
About Tri-County Mennonite Homes
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-time, part-time and casual opportunities
- Pension plan
- Health and dental benefits
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Paid orientation
- Training opportunities and career development
- Employee appreciation lunches and events
- Employee Assistance Program
- An employee Social Committee
- Tuition support programs
- Employee pricing on meals from our kitchen
- A positive and supportive working environment
Tri-County Mennonite Homes is a leader in providing services to seniors and developmentally disabled individuals. With dedicated staff and volunteers, we operate three divisions: Greenwood Court, Nithview Community, and Aldaview Services. Our mission is “Making Every Day Matter”.
Tri-County Mennonite Homes is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with our Human Resources Consultant.