Position: Copy Editor - Paginator (Summer Internship)
Location: Hamilton, ON
Postmedia Editorial Services is hiring for two paid summer internships (2). Successful candidates must be able to work independently. Attention to detail is needed, but so is the ability to work quickly.
- Experience copy editing or paginating pages.
- Ability to edit a high volume of content, from breaking news to lifestyle features.
- Can produce crisp, clear display copy that informs readers.
- Familiarity with CP style.
- Fact-checking to ensure the highest standards of accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a tight-knit team in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent grammar, comprehension and editing skills.
- Strong design sense.
- Knack for clever headlines that capture the essence of a story.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with InDesign is an asset.
Postmedia Editorial Services operates seven days per week, and applicants must be prepared to work nights, weekends and statutory holidays in Hamilton. Four-month contracts run from May through to the end of August.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: January 8th, 2019
No phone calls please. Postmedia would like to thank all interested applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Job Type: Internship