As a Personal Support Workers (PSW) within Spectrum Health Care, you will be responsible for providing exceptional personal care to our patients. The Personal Support Worker will provide a safe environment, positive emotional support and thorough care of our patients. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about caring for others in Keswick.
- Competitive salary
- Travel time allowance
- Group health benefits provided to eligible employees
- Opportunity to participate & qualify for our guaranteed hours program
- PSW Employee referral bonus program
- Professional development & training opportunities
- Join one of our employee committees
As a Personal Support Worker, you will:
- Help clients with day to day personal care tasks such as; taking in prescribed medication, skin, hair & mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care, feeding (including special diets)
- Assists with ambulating and mobilization of patient
- Performs related light housekeeping tasks
- Recognizes and reports safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the client’s home to the personal support worker supervisor Establish communication with appropriate party in the event of an emergency
- Observes, documents and reports any emotional or physical changes in the Client's condition to the Coordinator or Supervisor
- Adheres to the safe work/risk management policies and procedures of Spectrum Health Care
- Works within the Ethical Practice Framework of Spectrum Health Care
- Understands the range of services provided by each division of the Spectrum family and how it contributes to our model of Total Client Care
- Continually assesses, anticipates, identifies and responds to new and changing needs of clients and communicates available Total Client Care resources to clients when appropriate
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate/Diploma from Ontario
- Prior experience in assisting clients with standing, walking, sitting; able to repositions clients in bed
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional personal care and customer service.
- Able to stand, bend, walk, crouch, kneel and reach freely and for extended periods; able to lift 23 kilograms independently
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Updated immunization record
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills
- Second language is an asset
- Vehicle and G level driver’s license (dependent on branch)
To learn more about Spectrum Health Care, please visit our website at spectrumhealthcare.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
If you require accommodation because of a disability through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at (hr@ spectrumhealthcare.com) for assistance.
Job Type: Full-time