Nitro Construction Ltd. established in 2008, is a Lethbridge based Construction company that has completed construction projects across Alberta. We are a full-service construction company able to provide both Construction Management services and General Contracting.
We are currently looking for an experienced Commercial Estimator to join our team! The Estimator will prepare bids and proposals on large and complex projects to secure contracts with a wide variety of stakeholders. This position will be responsible for analyzing the risks associated with a project being built, including related costs and schedule impacts. This position will monitor bid opportunities, design development for cost compatibility, drawing completeness, specifications and trade scopes, and participate in design coordination constructability review and code conformance.
- Post secondary education or training in related discipline or trade experience or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in commercial construction cost estimating along with 2 years of on-site experience.
- Extensive knowledge of key principles in bid preparation, including quantity take-off procedures, trade contractor procurement, pricing and bid-closing procedures.
- Understanding of different bid processes and contract delivery type methods: hard bid/lump sum, guaranteed maximum price, unit price, design build, target price, separate price etc.
- Understanding of construction sequence and can produce a bar chart schedule recognizing milestone dates and impacts.
- Experience estimating multiple scopes on multiple bids at once.
- Ability to conceptually estimate without drawings/specifications.
- Ability to converse and solicit trades and comfortable with cold calling when necessary.
- Ability to multitask and is self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
If this seems like the right position for you please send your resume and cover letter to the email provided and quote "Estimator1" in the subject line. We thank you for your interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- estimating: 2 years (Preferred)