How to apply:
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please copy and paste the link below to access our career page and submit your application before January 24, 2022 23:59 EST.
The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) has 1 exciting student opportunity from February 7, 2022 to April 22, 2022 within the Finance branch at CATSA Headquarters.
This position represents an opportunity for career-driven individuals seeking a position within an organization that inspires growth and promotes excellence, to make a difference and contribute to CATSA’s unique culture as it strives to excel in air transport security.
If you are a motivated student seeking a position within a multifunctional and collaborative environment, we invite you to consider the following job opportunity:
Student, Accounting Officer
Number of positions: 1
Term: February 7, 2022 to April 22, 2022
Schedule: Up to 37.5 hours/ week
Salary range: $14.35 to $22/ hourly rate dependent on level of education
Language requirement: English Essential
\*Eligibility List: CATSA will use this opportunity to establish a list of candidates eligible to fill subsequent vacancies. The eligibility list may be used to staff other student positions with similar responsibilities and qualifications.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Receive and compile accounts payable documentation including invoices, purchase orders, packing slips, contracts and agreements;
- Verify and process accounts payable transactions for goods, services, travel and other expenses, noting timeframes for cheque issuance, assigning/ensuring proper coding, authorization, reconciliation and compliance with financial policies and procedures;
- Data entry of accounts payable invoices into the financial accounting system – Great Plains;
- Provide frontline support to employees on CATSA’s travel management system, including assisting with the booking of travel, completion of claims and troubleshooting travel issues;
- Collect and distribute the mail;
- Assist with ad hoc projects as required.
- Study at a university level in an accounting or business related field;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, and Power Point);
- Experience working in a finance environment and/or with accounts payable processes would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains would be considered an asset.
- Apply accounting knowledge;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Critical thinking and decision making skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent team player;
- Well organized;
- Professional approach to work.
To qualify and to be considered for this employment, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Be eligible to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance;
- Be a full-time or part-time CEGEP, College or University student; and
- Be returning to full-time or part-time studies in the next academic year.
Please note that candidates that meet all the position requirements, including the language profile, will be given first consideration however we invite all interested candidates to submit their applications. Only those being considered in the process will be contacted.
Inclusion & Diversity
As an employer committed to a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates in designated groups - women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities - to apply and self-identify by answering the questions on the online application form.
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In the spirit of upholding the highest standards of Health & Safety for all of its guests, its employees, and the community at large, CATSA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, and requires all CATSA employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 by November 1, 2021. If you are the selected candidate, you will be asked to first attest your vaccination status at the reference stage. You will then be required to provide evidence of complete vaccination as a condition of employment. If you are unable to obtain the COVID 19 vaccine due to a legitimate medical reason or other grounds protected by human rights legislation, you will be required to provide additional information that supports your request for an exemption at the offer stage.
Reference ID: 1642
Contract length: 3 months
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Application deadline: 2022-01-24
Expected start date: 2022-02-07
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $15.00-$22.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you either a full-time or part-time CEGEP, College or University student?
- Are you a Canadian citizen or permanent resident?
- Temporarily due to COVID-19