Posted Mar 12, 2015
This posting is closed, but if you have qualifications suitable to a position like this please email [email protected] and we will keep your resume on file for future openings.
PartSelect is growing and is currently looking for a Manager of Application Development. This position is located in our office in the Dartmouth Crossing area (sorry no telecommuting).
Eldis Group is the market leader for replacement parts ecommerce in the USA and Canada. We run several multinational ecommerce sites, created entirely in-house by our development team. We run primarily a .Net stack but integrate open source technologies where appropriate. Our version control is handled through Subversion and our project and bug management is through Unfuddle with custom integrations.
The Manager will not be writing code on a regular basis, but must have a background as a coder in order to provide technical leadership and mentoring to the team.
- Manage and be responsible for all aspects of the application development process
- Manage the development team (web developers, database developers, quality assurance, and reporting) including performance reviews, compensation, professional development, hiring, team building activities and general administration as well as mentoring staff regarding technology, communication and soft-skills
- Define project plans, provide work estimates, organize and delegate tasks and monitor progress of development projects with the Project Administrator and Senior Developer
- Work with senior management to prioritize projects and ensure ongoing alignment with the business goals and objectives
- Evaluate existing systems and architecture and ensure they are sufficient to meet business requirements and future growth
- Assist the Systems Administrator to identify hardware requirements and improvements
- Report on project status and progress to senior management team
- BCSc or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of industry experience as an application developer or database developer
- 2+ years managing application developers or database developers
- Familiarity with .Net (C#) web application development
PartSelect will be administering standardized tests as part of the selection process. This position is available immediately. Visit https://www.partselect.ca/Careers/Benefits.aspx for details about our benefits and work environment.
To apply send your resume and cover letter, referencing the job title, to [email protected].