BACKGROUND: QAI laboratories is a testing, inspection and certification organization providing services to manufacturers of Electrical Products, Building Products, Vehicles, Factory Built Structures and other regulated products. Recognition of the QAI name and logo have grown significantly over the past few years resulting in the significant expansion of the business.
Currently, we are looking for a dedicated person to join our growing Building Products team and support future expansion.
DUTIES: The successful candidate will perform, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Building of test fixtures and assemblies
- Execution of provided work instructions
- Assisting Senior technicians as assigned
- Clean up, organization of inventory
- Written and verbal reports to clients and management
- Other duties as assigned by the manager or its designee
QUALIFICATION: The successful candidate will have:
- Microsoft Office (Excel and Word required, other programs an asset)
- Safe working practice with tools associated with construction
- Basic construction practices
Additional Assets include:
- Forklift experience
- Level I first aid
- Previous experience in window/door, construction practice in Canada
Key Technical Competence:
- Accepts instruction and follows it for testing outside of their general scope of knowledge and experience.
- Able to grasp general concepts in a field of testing and apply it to specific test methods.
- Able to perform simple testing and as knowledge grows in a specific field of testing graduates to more complex testing methods.
- Seeks assistance and knowledge from more senior personnel when a specific requirement is outside of their general scope of knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of the test methods in their specific discipline.
- Able to multi-task with some degree of efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintains a sense of ownership and responsibility for projects assigned to them.
APPLYING: QAI Laboratories offers competitive compensation and benefits package including base salary, plus performance incentives, medical, dental, and other perks.
Note: Applications will only be accepted when emailed in MS Word or PDF format, and must have a job-specific cover letter. Please be sure to include the QAI job number in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
QAI Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Preferred)