If you have a passion for helping those who are most marginalized in our community a career with London Cares may be a great fit for you!
London Cares is a not-for-profit agency aimed at building relationships and supporting those who are experiencing homelessness making it possible to help move some of the most vulnerable people in our community from street to home. Through a low barrier, compassionate approach we build relationships and are advocates for those we work with to build bridges and connections to the resources they need in support of their success and well-being.
London Cares programming continues to grow and expand to meet the needs of the community we serve. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team in a full-time capacity working Monday to Friday. This role is currently a six-month contract with the possibility for extension.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance and Administration the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Executive Director, HR Manager and Finance and Administration Manager. Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Preparation of documents, reports, presentations, agendas and meeting minutes
· Inventory control of technology, stationary, branded clothing, toiletries and PPE
· File management
· Data entry for payroll, finance and human resources
· Recruitment support including receiving applications, setting up interviews, conducting reference checks and preparing for new hires
· Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned
You will be a strong candidate for this position should you possess the following:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent required
- Post secondary degree or diploma in business or office management a strong asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to take on any task with a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to cope with and embrace change, ambiguity and uncertainty
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written along with great interpersonal skills
- Integrity and trustworthiness, with an ability to handle sensitive information effectively and confidentially
- Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively as a member of a team
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
London Cares is an inclusive employer and encourages applications from Indigenous people, women, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of any required accommodations needed.
Preference will be given to candidates who are proficient in both official languages of Canada and who meet all job requirements.
Préférence sera accordée aux candidats qui sont compétents dans les deux langues officielles du Canada et qui satisfont à toutes les exigences de l'emploi.
We thank all applicants for their interest but regret only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
No phone calls please.
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 2021-10-29
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday