The Dietary Aide is accountable to the Nutrition Manager to carry out assigned duties and tasks of organized dietary services to meet residents’ needs.
- Food Service Worker=s Certificate (Please note: As per the LTCHA, 2007 Homes can employ an individual who is currently enrolled in the Program. The stipulation outlined in the Act, requires completion of the Food Service Worker Certificate within 3 years of hire. Failure to do so, will result in termination).
- Must enjoy working in a long term care setting.
- Must be able to communicate in English including written documentation.
- Has acceptable standard of behaviour and appearance.
- Previous experience working in the food service industry.
- Current Food Handler’s Certificate
- Follows written job routines and duties as established by the Home.
- Ensure all menu items are prepared and served according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Assure that the presentation of all menu items adhere to established standards.
- Assist with the preparation of the meals on menus and based on nutritional programs and individual plans.
- Ensure the quality of meals in regards to taste, presentation and dietary requirements established by the dietician.
- Ensure quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items according to standards and procedures.
- Work at efficient and consistent pace, ensuring time preparation of all meals.
- Ensure that each resident receives meals corresponding to their dietary requirements.
- Ensure that the correct quantities are prepared to meet daily needs.
- Utilize kitchen equipment during food preparation.
- Stay productive at all times and prepare for future needs as time allows.
- Demonstrate flexibility and volunteer to fill open shifts as required by variations in staffing.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
- Adhere to all regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
- Monitor supplies in stock room and communicate any inventory needs to Departmental Manager.
- Assist with the training of new employees.
- Serve food in the proper portion size and at the proper temperature.
- Report any infraction in the food services department policies and procedures to the Departmental Manager.
- Arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Understands and promotes dietary standards as regulated by the LTCHA, 2007 and all applicable regulations.
- Maintains care and safety of all equipment in the dietary department.
- Recognizes safety hazards and the importance of providing a safe environment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Salary: From $20.96 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Must have 3 vaccinations
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Amherstburg, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person