We are looking for an Intermediate/Senior level teacher to join our learning support team in a part-time role to start, eventually leading to full-time. This is currently a work-from-home position, as we are delivering our services online, but will likely move to an in-person role at one of our locations in the fall. Teaching areas include reading, writing, and math. Please note that this is not an ESL or tutoring position. Weekday evenings and one weekend day is required.
Ruth Rumack’s Learning Space (RRLS) is a fast-growing educational support company for students from kindergarten to university, including those with learning exceptionalities.
We teach students in 1-to-1 and small group settings and design individualized lesson plans that help students achieve academic and lifelong success. We also work with students who require enrichment and standardized test preparation. Lessons are interactive, kinesthetic, and incorporate creative teaching methods not found in regular classrooms.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive paid training
- Ongoing professional development and opportunities for growth
- A warm, cohesive work culture with monthly social activities (currently online)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic team that makes a difference in the lives of students
- The starting hourly pay is $20 for part-time, with full-time wages starting at $3467 per month.
WHAT WE NEED
- OCT certification or equivalent
- A fun, warm, and empathetic personality
- 2+ years experience teaching students with a variety of educational needs
- Excellent command of the English language
- Adaptable, flexible, and motivated attitude
- Experience teaching Direct Instruction programs
- Knowledge of assistive technologies
- Special Education qualifications or experience
- Interest in developing curriculum and programs
- Please take some time to explore our company and the services we provide (www.ruthrumack.com).
- To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume as a PDF file
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Teaching: 2 years (preferred)