Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Support Human Resources functions such as recruitment, training, performance management, employment law & compliance, HR transactions, and payroll (where applicable) for assigned facilities.. Assist associates with day-to-day questions and concerns, partner with management on associate-centric initiatives.
Qualifications:Qualifications & Experience:
- Counsel and coach leaders/managers on associate coaching, counseling, and performance management.
- Partner with the local HR team, local business leaders and Talent Acquisition to meet headcount goals and participate in creating and executing recruiting strategies. Initiate job requisitions, track submissions and provide follow up as needed.
- Manage and facilitate new hire orientation process to ensure a positive onboarding experience.
- Serve as a primary contact for general employee requests for information on HR policies and procedures; provide feedback and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Partner with the business as needed for associate termination process and conduct exit interviews.
- Ensure all HR documentation is processed timely and accurately (personnel files, required documentation, HRIS transactions, compliance records, etc.). Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form. May be responsible for submitting all electronic HR transactions (HRTs).
- Compile and analyze various HR reports, and partner with the Payroll/HRIS departments to troubleshoot and resolve data entry issues/concerns. May conduct HR audits to ensure compliance and protect the business from certain employment risks.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training.
- May conduct confidential investigations into associate complaints and sensitive work-related issues, partnering or escalating to the HR Manager as appropriate.
- If supporting a union site, may gather information as needed for the preparation of grievance responses or contract negotiations, contribute to creating and maintaining overall positive relations with the local union representatives, and serve as a primary contact on associate or management questions regarding the CBA.
- May be responsible for processing payroll or serve as payroll backup.
- Participate in the planning and execution of special activities and events.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Associates’ Degree or High School Diploma and applicable experience may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 3-5 Years human resources experience or a combination of human resources and other relevant professional experience.
- Excellent computer skills. Strong experience with the utilization of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong functional use of a HRIS system required.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, provincial, and local employment laws.
- Broad knowledge of human resources including benefits, training and development, hiring and recruitment, safety and worker’s compensation, and wage administration and compliance.
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems and procedures.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with various levels of internal staff and external candidates.
- Capable of working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- May require travel by automobile and airplane
- May require visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
- May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Requires the use of various electronic tools
- Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management